• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harold Bishop Killer

Got bummed around Aus
The Universe is a big place and to many of us it seems endless. Which if theories are correct it could be as it is ever expanding. Not much is known outside of Earth but some think we are the big boys. Think again!

planet_size_comp_01.jpg

Feel big at the moment dont we. But these are the little boys of the solar system......

earth2.jpg

Ah! right. Feel bit small now the big boys are out to play. But still 5th Biggest out of 9 in our Solar System is not bad. We dont do badly with it. And as far as we know we are the only ones with life. So take that. But what about the object that gives us life....

UniverseSize-3.jpg

Now I feel pathetic! We are there somewhere!

But scientists now know more about planets outside our solar system. And it makes us feel very insignificant.

planet_size_comp_04.jpg

Oh bugger!!! Ok I get it now. We are not even worthy of being here. But these are still planet puppies compared to....

49703979.jpg

**** me!!! Yes. The sun is 1 pixel big at this scale. And earth is about the size of a neutron!

Antares is the 15th brightest star in the sky. Only the 15th? there are 14 brighter!! Wait till we discover them!

But look on the bright side - as far a we know we are the only ones with football!! In thousands of years an away game could cost alot more!

That's actually quite fascinating! Makes me feel happy to see that the sun is unlikely to burn out in my lifetime, and will tan me for as long as I am still living!

I think that is a top post and shows exactly how small we are within the Big Picture..Shame we think we know it all...

That's actually quite fascinating! Makes me feel happy to see that the sun is unlikely to burn out in my lifetime, and will tan me for as long as I am still living!

Rumour has it, that at some point soon (dont know how soon), that the Earth will end up like Mercury and Venus and be so un-liveable due to the sun getting hotter, that we'll all have to up sticks and move to another planet.

Rumour has it, that at some point soon (dont know how soon), that the Earth will end up like Mercury and Venus and be so un-liveable due to the sun getting hotter, that we'll all have to up sticks and move to another planet.

The Sun will not only get hotter but as it uses it's natural resources and starts to come to the end of it's life it will expand greatly engulfing the "inner" planets including earth and then exploding in a supa nova to become a white dwarf star, thus sending all the material of itself and the planets back into space to form new stellar objects. Yes we are all made of star dust :angel:

Back