• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In slightly brighter news:

"• There is no retail development on either the Roots Hall or Fossetts Farm Sites without a completed stadium."

My reading of that is that we're not likely to be playing in a three-sided ground for long. Or does three sides count as "completed"?

I would say as they are looking to amend plans to go ahead with a 3 sided stadium that would be "read" as completed if the council pass that.

One other thing that makes no sense if Sainsburys as it reads are not in a position to go ahead with purchasing Prospects WTF are the club looking to put a CPO on the building.

• The Option to Purchase Agreement has since expired and was terminated. At the present time Roots Hall Limited / Sainsbury’s have been unable to secure a further option from Prospects;

• Sainsbury’s are not in a position to purchase the Prospects Site immediately, as the purchase needs to proceed in tandem with the rest of the scheme and so they require a fresh option;

I would say as they are looking to amend plans to go ahead with a 3 sided stadium that would be "read" as completed if the council pass that.

Correct - elsewhere in the report it specifies a specific capacity - Minimum 13,663 seats is the number that is stuck in my head.

Whilst we're vaguely on the subject. I remember reading that RM had said that the contract had gone out to tender and that they had received these back in. He also said that the tenders had a end date after which they would have to be done again, and that he wasn't going to go through that process twice. I think he was basically saying that we would have to start work pretty soon after that date.

Wasn't that date sometime this or next month? I can't remember. Hopefully someone on here has a better memory than me...

One other thing that makes no sense if Sainsburys as it reads are not in a position to go ahead with purchasing Prospects WTF are the club looking to put a CPO on the building.

I would guess that need to be sure they have all relevant planning permissions and can buy all the land before they start buying any of it. An option to invoke a CPO will give them this assurance for Prospects. When the other boxes are all ticked they will move ahead and buy it all.

Brighton ground at Fulmer were their plans made public before ours or after.
All i know is there's was built and they are now playing in it.
How much longer must we wait until we see the work start?:sad:

Think the latest report in the Echo was a bit wrong (page 8), they state that the approval of the planning permission would clear the way for building work to start on the new ground later this year and yet they state the Blues hope to move into the new ground in Summer 2013.

Even if building did start later this year there is now way even a 3 sided ground would be ready by Summer 2013.

The main point of interest there is the council refused an extension of 5 years and only granted 3.

Good to see the council putting the pressure on.

Good news if you ask me. Council want it to go ahead quickly as do the fans and It seems the pieces of the jigsaw are finally in place.

scanned through the application 126 pages and 16 objections noted one based on finding a rare orchcid on FF

Back