• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning for Roots Hall.

Any idea how the recent elections will affect voting? I believe conservatives won most seats yesterday and after their theatrics previously with their unbelievable excuses are they likely to agree the next stage of us building?
Understand the council is in a no control position meaning no one party has a majority.

Understand the council is in a no control position meaning no one party has a majority.

Seems that way:

BBC

Looks like the tories gained from independents more than labour did, but overall there's still no overall control. Hopefully that won't make much difference to Ron and his master plan.

Any idea how the recent elections will affect voting? I believe conservatives won most seats yesterday and after their theatrics previously with their unbelievable excuses are they likely to agree the next stage of us building?
Tories had it on their local manifesto to oppose Roots Hall development, citing it as too crowded and not enough investment in infrastructure, schools etc.
#cautionpolitics ~

problem is if 2 people outside of the conservative councillors vote against it then it wont pass

problem is if 2 people outside of the conservative councillors vote against it then it wont pass

The money that the council stand to make on the build by receiving property is far to good an option for them to turn down, especially as they have huge pressure from government to achieve housing build quotas.

There will be those against it but I'm pretty confident that this will be greenlighted.

I don't have insider knowledge on this but from a common sense perspective it seems a no brainer.

Anyone else received a Notice of Application for Planning Permission through the post?

Representations need to be in by 13th June.

Interesting to note that the application includes a 107 bed hotel....

Yep. 21000 seater stadium. In-f'kin-sane.

Anyone else received a Notice of Application for Planning Permission through the post?

Yep. Was wondering if through the planning system we can ensure a 4 sided stadium. Something like work at Roots Hall cannot start until 4 side is built or maybe housing at Roots Hall cannot be occupied until the 4th stand is built?

Yep. Was wondering if through the planning system we can ensure a 4 sided stadium. Something like work at Roots Hall cannot start until 4 side is built or maybe housing at Roots Hall cannot be occupied until the 4th stand is built?
As the 4th side will incorporate both housing and many of the additional the revenue streams for the club I wouldn't worry about Ron & co wanting to get that completed as soon as possible.

June of which particular year ?

June of which particular year ?
For once we no the planning is in and all objections to be raised by 13th June 2021.
BTW you will recall that putting it in was delayed until all the potential planning issues/hurdles had be pre-addressed the council.

For once we no the planning is in and all objections to be raised by 13th June 2021.
BTW you will recall that putting it in was delayed until all the potential planning issues/hurdles had be pre-addressed the council.

You mean all the known issues/hurdles. The consultation period might bring up something that hasn't been considered. I suspect, and certainly hope, not, but that might be the case.

So all being well it could be approved at the end of June for a proper green light?

Or are there further hurdles to jump?

So all being well it could be approved at the end of June for a proper green light?

Or are there further hurdles to jump?

I've just looked at the Southend Council meetings calendar for June and can see no mention of any meeting that might be relevant.

Either there isn't one or I'm being senile. Both are equally possible.

There is a DCC meeting early July though.

Ron said the following in the most recent zoom meeting which helps shed some light on the subject.

‘You asked about the stadium. That was a procedural letter that you received. As we’ve done an Environmental Statement because of the size of the scheme, under regulation 25, it means we have to reconsult for 30 days before it can go to committee. We are still targeting a Jun 23 committee date. That hasn’t been made a public agreed date in the Councils diary because we are dealing with the conditions almost all day everyday at the moment so there is a lot of calls going on. All parties are aiming for that date and we expect and hope to achieve it. It (the consultation) allows people to proffer any views they have, but really it’s for the statutory authorities to come back to us and most of them have, and there’s no negativity so it’s all looking good.

Once this has all been sorted out I am sure we will see a ‘Special Meeting’ entered in the DCC’s calendar and maybe one in the Full Council’s soon after.

May be a black-and-white image of outdoors

Back