• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Received in the post this morning from Rochford District Council:

Applicant No: 0224/TIME Applicant: Southend United Football Club C/o Roots Hall Ltd

Site location: Land North of Smithers Chase, Sutton Road, Rochford, Essex

Proposal: Application to Extend Time Limit of Planning Permission 06/00943/FUL - Creation of Three Training Pitches, One All Weather Floodlit Training Pitch (8 x 12 Columns) A Flood Attenuation Pond and Surface Cr Park of 454 Spaces 34 x 8m Columns

Consultation on a Planning Application.

I am writing to inform you that an application for planning permission has been submitted to the Council for the development described above.

A copy of the application can be viewed at this office Monday to Thursday from 8.30 a.m. to 17.30 p.m. and 8.30 a.m. to 17.00 p.m. on Fridays etc.

Comments about this application must be made in writing within 21 days of the date of this letter (27th April) etc.
___________________________________________________________________________________

I've put this in Chit Chat for now to allow more to view, but if Mods want to move it at some point, please do.

No surprise, we knew it was coming.

But as it is now technically a new plan the club asked for SBC's opinion on whether a new EIA was required. Standard procedure.

Here is the official response from SBC - HERE & HERE

In short, a new EIA is NOT needed. A few alterations may need to be made to it, but there is no need for a new one to be submitted.

Good news and speeds things up a little...

So that means we probably have another 5 years or so to get it built and ALL red tape etc has been chopped. Meaning it is just the CPO's on the Vic Ave shops and the tenders that are holding things up.

I reckon we'll be on site Sept/Oct 2011...

Last edited:
Does not this application to extend planning permission apply only to the training pitches and parking etc which is in Rochfords territory, this does not seem to apply to the stadium itself or retail park.

I assume even if EIA not needed we will still need to get SBC to extend planning permission for the main development which is in its borders.

Very much hope you are right about starting date Smiffy, we all live in hope.

Does not this application to extend planning permission apply only to the training pitches and parking etc which is in Rochfords territory, this does not seem to apply to the stadium itself or retail park.

I assume even if EIA not needed we will still need to get SBC to extend planning permission for the main development which is in its borders.

Very much hope you are right about starting date Smiffy, we all live in hope.

Correct - this is as clear an indication as we ever needed that the development will probably be phased to enable the Stadium portion to be delivered as soon as possible.

Correct - this is as clear an indication as we ever needed that the development will probably be phased to enable the Stadium portion to be delivered as soon as possible.

i seem to recall one of the many revised plans showing the car parks and training pitches on land presently used for crops
but nested in-between this development is smithers farm itself cant see him being very happy surrounded by car parking and training pitches anyway i thought this land had still to be accquired

i seem to recall one of the many revised plans showing the car parks and training pitches on land presently used for crops
but nested in-between this development is smithers farm itself cant see him being very happy surrounded by car parking and training pitches anyway i thought this land had still to be accquired

When (If) the developement goes ahead, it is planned that the two houses and the land belonging to them will be left and as you say surrounded. You are quite right they are not exactly over the moon!

Back