• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning permission for Fossetts

I know Tom's got his hands full and moreso at the moment but it would be really good to have a monthly update on planning and the build when it gets started. I of course will be doing my regular stalking of the site to look at any progress as I did with the training ground (the whole building process fascinates me) but it would be good to have something official as I anticipate a lot of different stories appearing on social media, some accurate some less so over the next 4 or so years
Yeah good point

Couple of new documents posted on the new planning application on Southend council website. They're both regarding discharging the conditions that we need a new training ground before work can commence at B&L.

Interestingly they haven't been redacted so Ron's mobile number plus email addresses of the consultants etc are there for all to see

Interestingly they haven't been redacted so Ron's mobile number plus email addresses of the consultants etc are there for all to see

Perhaps we should do what that ex boyfriend did to his ex girlfriend and put his number up everywhere offering a cash reward for people to call and do their best Chewbacca impression.

Couple of new documents posted on the new planning application on Southend council website. They're both regarding discharging the conditions that we need a new training ground before work can commence at B&L.

Oh dear a data breach....SCC best report themselves to the ICO..

You would hope that, since the council can see that the training pitches are built and basically ready to go (minus the prefabs), the council would be pragmatic and agree to that. That would help out massively if it means the club can move forward with the build and release some funds.

However, it would beg the question as to where the squad would train in the meantime.

Received a letter from Rochford council inviting me to make comments on the application for 12 temporary buildings at the training ground.

Comments need to be made within 14 days of the 24 April.

Seems odd it's taken them this long to issue letters given the application was submitted ages ago. I haven't checked the council's website, maybe some more info has been submitted?

No idea - but please reply with your wholehearted support!
I commented online weeks ago - but will check it out and comment again if necessary.

Don't need to live in Rochford to comment - anyone can support (or object). Last time I checked there were about 3 comments supporting and 3 objecting

Received a letter from Rochford council inviting me to make comments on the application for 12 temporary buildings at the training ground.

Seems odd it's taken them this long to issue letters given the application was submitted ages ago. I haven't checked the council's website, maybe some more info has been submitted?
Did you reply to say that you'll believe it when you see it?

Any news on when this application is due to be discussed and hopefully approved. Can’t see any info’ on the website.

Back