• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCFANS

Coach
yes this should be in the other forum, but read planning permission has expired for the new stadium? Could this mean the end??

It is quite simple to extend planning permission, and I imagine this has been done already by virtue of the submission of amended proposals.

Ever thought, Ron takes us into admin, Southend Utd disappears forever, Ron builds his nice new hotel & Sainsburys get the nice new shiny supermarket on RH site....................... I often wonder if this is viable, cos it seems Ron will never build the stadium & the loss of the football club from the map eases his way to the Ron Martin Hilton Plaza complex

Time For Ron To Come Clean

Time now surely for Ron to come clean. Either the stadium is a goer or its not. No legal mumbo jungle, no hiding behing 'contract talks at a key stage' just the straight facts. We can all move on then !

Ever thought, Ron takes us into admin, Southend Utd disappears forever, Ron builds his nice new hotel & Sainsburys get the nice new shiny supermarket on RH site....................... I often wonder if this is viable, cos it seems Ron will never build the stadium & the loss of the football club from the map eases his way to the Ron Martin Hilton Plaza complex

Has been reiterated countless times before that the covenant on Roots Hall regarding relocation of the Football Club would prohibit this scenario. Yes, there may be loopholes should the Club cease to exist, but it would take Ron an awfully long time to regroup and re-plan to make this happen. Additionally, very little point developing a hotel on a greenfield site miles from anything worthwhile if you aren't going to deliver the conference and banqueting facilities which go hand in hand with the stadium. As for the residential, the margins are becoming ever smaller for developers, given the draconian ratios required for social and key worker housing, all of which developers make very little profit on.

With what money?

As for the original post, did you even look at the council website? Here are some bits I think might be key:

Type of Application: Extension of Time (Major)

On the "Important Dates" tab:

Permission Expiry Date: No Details

Maybe someone who knows more than my extremely limited knowledge of application planning can tell us what this means.

http://planning.southend.gov.uk/Pub...lication_detailview.aspx?caseno=LJMX3DPA04Q00

Not wishing to put two and two together to get five .......but if you want to avoid depression CP on twitter is not the place to go. :'(

I know that very well, yet you sense that we are coming to some kind of dénouement here.......at least in terms of the Martin era and it doesn't sound as though there is a happy ending

There is only so long you can rob Peter to pay Paul....

Everything will come to a head soon enough.

If the day comes, we must be ready...

Not wishing to put two and two together to get five .......but if you want to avoid depression CP on twitter is not the place to go.

Doesn't he always do this though? Makes a comment about the club being in trouble but can't reveal anything, am I the only one wondering why he does it?

Doesn't he always do this though? Makes a comment about the club being in trouble but can't reveal anything, am I the only one wondering why he does it?

Be careful, he'll be PM'ing you or calling you out on Twitter if you're not careful.

He can be a prick-tease, but I guess it's his job.

So then this is either A: catastrophic news, or B: Storm in a teacup because none of us understand fully the workings of planning permission and suchlike. Our friend Sherif H seems to be the only one with some sort of understanding of all this stuff but guess unless he knows all the specifics of this particular project the best he can do is guess, not a wise thing to do on here:winking:.

I suppose all we can do is hope for an official response. I am torn between being very worried, and trusting Ron has yet another rabbit to pull out of the hat. If not its AFC Southend time:'(

Guess time will tell

So then this is either A: catastrophic news, or B: Storm in a teacup because none of us understand fully the workings of planning permission and suchlike. Our friend Sherif H seems to be the only one with some sort of understanding of all this stuff but guess unless he knows all the specifics of this particular project the best he can do is guess, not a wise thing to do on here:winking:.

I suppose all we can do is hope for an official response. I am torn between being very worried, and trusting Ron has yet another rabbit to pull out of the hat. If not its AFC Southend time:'(

Guess time will tell

I would guess it is a mixture of both - the planning extension being a relative non-issue, but the very fact that we still may not have the funding in place to appoint a Contractor being the catastrophe. I stress, this is all conjecture, and in no way do I have any 'secret footballer' providing me with my information.

Back