• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why would he have built up all that debt paying off the taxman if he wanted us to go under?

If that was his intention then that was the time for us to fold.

He has sorted everything else out by borrowing from Sainsbury.

Unfortunately they will bail out the second they can, which will be when 3 sides have been built, which makes you wonder how we will ever finance building the main stand.

They are joint developers of the whole project. They aren't going anywhere in a hurry.

It will exist but it will have no means to move on.

We wont be able to afford to build the main stand which was meant to be a money spinner.

How will our crowds be affected by a stadium which will be the laughing stock of the country?

I do hope someone with money would come in, but what would be their incentive? Ron came in to make money from the development, a buyer in that situation would simply come in to have to spend millions just to get us on our feet.

Love the optimism though!
Have Oxford United or Huddersfield Town been a laughing stock?????

If he sells the club he is finished.

His dream is finished yes. No doubt he has a healthy personal wealth tied away.

In the mean time the club is being restricted by him on the pitch while he clings to the hope that it eventually goes through.

Given that it may be difficult to get a straight answer from the chairman regarding this matter, I have sent the following e-mail to the case officer for the planning application:

If I lived in Southend then I'd fire something similar at my local councillor - those of you who do may want to do this as they are your representative on the Council!

Well folks, I didn't expect such a prompt response, but got one this morning - and it seems to be better news than most of us were expecting!

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that negotiations are still ongoing with the applications with regards to the S106 Agreement, however these are close to conclusion and I expect completion of the agreement to be imminent.

Kind Regards

Charlotte Galforg
Team Leader (Town Centre and Central Seafront) Development Control - Southend-on Sea Borough Council

It occurs to me that if Ron had come out and said "I expect completion of the agreement to be imminent", most of us wouldn't have believed it - however given it is from a senior official at the Council it has quite a lot of credibility. For her to say this, it must be just some minor legal wording or something rather than a major point of principal.

Well folks, I didn't expect such a prompt response, but got one this morning - and it seems to be better news than most of us were expecting!

Well thats some positive news at least.

Now Ron just needs to find the £800k to pay the Council, tie up the deal for prospects, pizza man and the flats....oh and the £15m to get the 3 sides built...

Well thats some positive news at least.

Now Ron just needs to find the £800k to pay the Council, tie up the deal for prospects, pizza man and the flats....oh and the £15m to get the 3 sides built...

All that has been shifted to Sainsbury to deal with though hasnt it? Thats the easy part...

Well done Shrimpergary, while most of us (including me) were on the verge of buying a do it yourself hary karry kit, this gentleman does the unthinkable and contacts a person in the know. The dream lives on.

My dream is in a very few years to fly out of Southend to Tenerife and look down on our fully completed state of the art four sided stadium that is the home of the Premier league/Champions league champions. I mean is that too much to ask?

All that has been shifted to Sainsbury to deal with though hasnt it? Thats the easy part...

Well yes. But my concern is there just isn't enough left in the pot to pay the Council, get the stadium work started and completed and also keep the club afloat.

We know Ron has drawn down on a significant percentage of the Sainsbury's money already, that's before a brick has been laid. Is there enough left to get it all completed and keep creditors, HMRC etc happy in the 12-18 month build period?

I have my doubts.

Have Oxford United or Huddersfield Town been a laughing stock?????
Yes. I can remember an away game at Huddersfield years ago when we taunted them with chants "We've got four stands, we've got four stands, you've not, you've not" and "Three stands, you've only got three stands...". Much happier days when we felt good about our status in a higher division.

This stadium is never gonna happen but Ron will never admit it. Lets face facts it's been the longest proposed move in history.

I see Brentford have got the go ahead for their new stadium. Got me thinking about how many clubs have got permission and have actually built their stadiums in the time between us getting the go ahead and now. I can count around 10 outside the premiership, plus a few more who have got permission that I wouldn't mind betting will be built and in use before any diggers show up at FF.

I've always tried to keep the rose tinted specs on where FF is concerned but recently my gut feeling is its just not going to happen. Just wish Ron would come clean.

I see Brentford have got the go ahead for their new stadium. Got me thinking about how many clubs have got permission and have actually built their stadiums in the time between us getting the go ahead and now. I can count around 10 outside the premiership, plus a few more who have got permission that I wouldn't mind betting will be built and in use before any diggers show up at FF.

I've always tried to keep the rose tinted specs on where FF is concerned but recently my gut feeling is its just not going to happen. Just wish Ron would come clean.

He will never do that, would be inviting the vultures to swoop.

Just found this article from July...20 days to go Ronald....

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/105...eal_with_council_should_be_signed_this_month/

Mr Martin, who has been developing the project over the past decade, said building work had to begin this year. He would not go into the exact reason, but hinted if not the plans in their current format may have to go back to the drawing board.
He said: “Everything is in place for the first phase, but we need to start work on that this year.”

So quite clearly this is not going to happen "this year".....so what does that mean now?

Back