• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have just fired over an email to Ms Galforg at the Council, requesting an update on what the frig is going on. As ShrimperGarry was told 9 weeks ago that the S106 agreement completion was "imminent".....

Will post reply if/when received....

Reply from SBC below. Guess we are no nearer then, despite ShrimperGarry being told 9 weeks ago that completion of the S106 was "imminent"

Dear Mr Smith

No decision has yet been made on the above application, which is awaiting completion of the S106 Agreement.

Kind Regards

Charlotte Galforg

Just found this article from July...20 days to go Ronald....

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/105...eal_with_council_should_be_signed_this_month/

Mr Martin, who has been developing the project over the past decade, said building work had to begin this year. He would not go into the exact reason, but hinted if not the plans in their current format may have to go back to the drawing board.
He said: “Everything is in place for the first phase, but we need to start work on that this year.”

So quite clearly this is not going to happen "this year".....so what does that mean now?

So after the reply I received from SBC above, stating that the S106 has still not been completed, some 8 months after the Council meeting discussing this. Does this mean the whole thing has to "go back to the drawing board" ??

So after the reply I received from SBC above, stating that the S106 has still not been completed, some 8 months after the Council meeting discussing this. Does this mean the whole thing has to "go back to the drawing board" ??

I think you already know the answer to that ...

Thing is, I think he has (sainsburys), however Ron only has short arms.........................:angry:

Has there been any news recently on the stadium? It seems like forever since the stadium was supposed to happen.

RM has to either begin work or revise the plans within 3 years of submission and that time is fast approaching. If the stadium happens, do not expect it to open much before 2018. A lot of developments within the town are awaiting investment and that is a long way off.

RM has to either begin work or revise the plans within 3 years of submission and that time is fast approaching. If the stadium happens, do not expect it to open much before 2018. A lot of developments within the town are awaiting investment and that is a long way off.

I don't see how you've plucked 2018 out of thin air.....when it starts I'd fully expect it to be as little as an 18 month gap until we'd be playing in it.

I don't see how you've plucked 2018 out of thin air.....when it starts I'd fully expect it to be as little as an 18 month gap until we'd be playing in it.

Circa 2018 is generally recognised as the turning point in financial trends and many developments will want to be finishing at about that time so as to make the most of the expected economic growth. It all depends on the money, it always does. Southend is a small attraction for investors and will be well down on their list of priorities, the returns from other, usually big city, developments are far greater and therefore take precedent. The airport is a big plus but even that is a fair way off of its potential, so in conclusion I believe circa 2018 to be a realistic target and I feel confident we will be playing in a new 3 sided stadium by then and if the money rolls, it may even be 4 sided with a retractable roof and air con.

Circa 2018 is generally recognised as the turning point in financial trends and many developments will want to be finishing at about that time so as to make the most of the expected economic growth. It all depends on the money, it always does. Southend is a small attraction for investors and will be well down on their list of priorities, the returns from other, usually big city, developments are far greater and therefore take precedent. The airport is a big plus but even that is a fair way off of its potential, so in conclusion I believe circa 2018 to be a realistic target and I feel confident we will be playing in a new 3 sided stadium by then and if the money rolls, it may even be 4 sided with a retractable roof and air con.

Thats is all pure speculation of course.

I assume by that you mean we arent going to start building it until 2017, in which case you have to ask whether it would even get started at all if we still had 3 years to wait. Could Ron survive another 3 years ?

The one question I have is why do we have to wait until the economy gets better to get funding when we already have funding for the 3 sides via Sainsbury. Thats why the plan was changed to two phased so we could at least get that part built.

so we are into the new year. is all to do with the stadium going back to the drawing board??? The chairman did hint at this being the case as cleverly put forward in this thread by smiffy.

Back