• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

I think planning permission is already in place for part of it? Maybe the 4 pitches? Perhaps I read that wrong but if it is the case, then quick planning permission for an additional temporary training building shouldn't be too arduous to get?
That's correct, the extant planning permission on the Rochford District Council land is for four pitches and car parking.

However, the application for the temporary training facility has to be submitted to SSBC - I'm scratching my head a bit on that one, unless they are planning to locate it away from the training pitches - not sure where...

I think planning permission is already in place for part of it? Maybe the 4 pitches? Perhaps I read that wrong but if it is the case, then quick planning permission for an additional temporary training building shouldn't be too arduous to get?

Let them all get changed in their cars like the Sunday League players used to do.

I know it’s already probably been said in here somewhere but if all went to plan from here on in … how many more seasons we got at the roots? Before we move

I know it’s already probably been said in here somewhere but if all went to plan from here on in … how many more seasons we got at the roots? Before we move
Plan is to be in the ground by the start of the 23/24 season as it stands.

I'd be surprised if they make that schedule.

Speaking of the dome. Surely that is not usable now and they'd have to start from scratch.

I'm surprised Southend haven't approached Garon's about using it as a temp training facility

It's been a lot longer than that. It was 1st mooted by Vic Jobson in around 1984, 37 years ago. At one point he was trying to build it on Garons Park where the golf course now is, but the council decided to use the land for their own benefit by building the golf course and swimming pool.

In fact, many years ago when Vic bought Boots and Laces I had a 1-1 meeting with him (very long story relating to me being banned from owning a season ticket by him) where he mentioned buying Boots and Laces from Access with the very long term view of building the stadium there.
Blimey even worse and longer than I thought ?‍♂️

Speaking of the dome. Surely that is not usable now and they'd have to start from scratch.

I'm surprised Southend haven't approached Garon's about using it as a temp training facility
if as you say the dome is un usable .Then thats another load of money Ron has ******* away. Wonder what the scrap value is .

With our injury records training on that astro pitch at garons would be asking for trouble.

After 13 years of FF, so many planning ideas of cinemas, hotels, retail and now housing I won't get excited until I see concrete going in to the ground, only then will I finally believe we will get what must be by now the longest awaited new stadium in history (23 years and counting)!

23 years waiting for Fossetts yes, more like 40-plus years since uncle Vic first came up with his new stadium plans, the possible move to Basildon, etc etc. I’ll be 60 next week and other than for the first half a dozen years or so there has been plans for a new stadium coming and going for my entire time as a blues fan. It now feels closer than ever but as others have said, I won’t fully believe it until the thing is built and the players are running out onto the pitch for the first time..

23 years waiting for Fossetts yes, more like 40-plus years since uncle Vic first came up with his new stadium plans, the possible move to Basildon, etc etc. I’ll be 60 next week and other than for the first half a dozen years or so there has been plans for a new stadium coming and going for my entire time as a blues fan. It now feels closer than ever but as others have said, I won’t fully believe it until the thing is built and the players are running out onto the pitch for the first time..
I am fast approaching 60, been supporting the Shrimpers for 53 of those years and I really didn't realise it all went so far back.

Is it any wonder so many of us are so sceptical?

I am fast approaching 60, been supporting the Shrimpers for 53 of those years and I really didn't realise it all went so far back.

Is it any wonder so many of us are so sceptical?

No. But it has to be said that it is closer now than it has been for some time. It's not the closest we've ever come as we've had planning and SoS approval before and then Ron couldn't raise the funds.

When we've got SoS approval, and the funding is in place (which it sounds like it is) then we'll be closer than ever.

ASKBrighton how many years they had to wait for there ground to be passed .Also we watch football from a stadium And there last ground which the used for many years you needed field glasses to see the pitch .

The proposed building of 700 homes off Ashingdon Rd, that RDC rejected, is also going to Gove's desk for their appeal.
Seeing as there have been long time plans for a relief road looping around Sutton (v nr FF) to Hullbridge and across BBridge what are the chances the two don't get entangled and used to push that (unpopular, nimby) project back to the forefront?

Back