• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

I think he may of been worried that somebody would bring the court issue up last night during the council meeting. Lucky for us they didn't.
Convinced the council were aware and any comment would have descended the meeting into a farce instead of the sleep fest it was. .....however they're only interested in the house building numbers and probably praying as much as we are it doesn't derail the whole thing

Convinced the council were aware and any comment would have descended the meeting into a farce instead of the sleep fest it was. .....however they're only interested in the house building numbers and probably praying as much as we are it doesn't derail the whole thing

Even if RM went to jail. I doubt it would have no bearing on the build. Ron is a figurehead for a few of the companies involved but this is a large multi company deal and he can just a point a new MD in his absence.

Ownership of the club however is a different story.

Great to have some positive news to discuss.Hopefully Ron thro the club gives the supporters some sort of time frame.Last I heard it's likely to be fully approved by the secretary of state some time later this year or early new year.Wont be totally convinced until we see construction workers actually onsite

Now on the BBC.

Click here
Local resident Peter Walker ("The club has absolutely no need for a stadium any larger than Roots Hall," he said. "It has been many years since Southend United regularly drew crowds in excess of 5,000.") is full of ****.

Average league attendance at Roots Hall:

2015-16: 7001
2016-17: 7406
2017-18: 7195
2018-19: 6896
2019-20: 6192
2020-21: COVID
2021-22: 4937

So, er, not since the previous season at which fans were allowed.

Next time, Peter, do your research.

Local resident Peter Walker ("The club has absolutely no need for a stadium any larger than Roots Hall," he said. "It has been many years since Southend United regularly drew crowds in excess of 5,000.") is full of ****.

Average league attendance at Roots Hall:

2015-16: 7001
2016-17: 7406
2017-18: 7195
2018-19: 6896
2019-20: 6192
2020-21: COVID
2021-22: 4937

So, er, not since the previous season at which fans were allowed.

Next time, Peter, do your research.

This made me laugh as well. If you are gonna spout off, at least get your facts right.

This made me laugh as well. If you are gonna spout off, at least get your facts right.

I'm glad he didn't because it was pretty obvious to everyone that he hadn't, which meant he had no credibility and was pretty much ignored. In fact, his whole argument was flawed.

We have had a lot of positive news the past week (ignoring the team ) . New coaches, planning passed. So much falling into place, just need Stanley on board to prize a few decent loanees our way.

"The 27-hectare (67-acre) site around Fossetts Farm, which includes Southend United's current training grounds, is mostly undeveloped green belt land."

blooming scandal .... ruining loads of green belt

"The 27-hectare (67-acre) site around Fossetts Farm, which includes Southend United's current training grounds, is mostly undeveloped green belt land."

blooming scandal .... ruining loads of green belt
It's earmarked for development in the town's local plan though - so if we don't build on it someone else will.

Bit odd though because a fan could still vote either way and is probably more aware of all the issues than the other councillors.
Good of True Blue to keep it the way he did but I think it is no secret on here that I am that masked man...

And you are quite right, a fan could just as easily be opposed as for the plans.
I have made the argument that having watched all my football at Roots Hall from the age of nine for over 55 years now perhaps I wouldn't be in favour of moving; TBH I'm not looking forward to it. My late father-in-law was one of Sid Bloomfield's gang who knocked up and poured concrete by hand for the old South Bank and he and my father regularly attended together and took my sons to their first games there, so leaving will be a tad emotional.
As I've mentioned elsewhere, due to case law and precedent, holding a ST is a non-pecuniary disqualifying interest.

Although I have posted info on here to try and help with the understanding of the processes involved I think you would still have a bit of a job to ascertain how I would have voted, particularly as I represent the ward in which it will be built and I therefore represent a fair number of residents who are against the development for various reasons and I will now have the task of trying to ensure their fears are dealt with as the development goes forward. A duty I will perform equally even-handed.

I think he may of been worried that somebody would bring the court issue up last night during the council meeting. Lucky for us they didn't.
Chairman would not have allowed that, not a material planning matter with regard to either application. Financial or personal details of an applicant are very rarely material.

Meridian News are doing a short bit on the planning approval in their 6pm bulletin (near the end). I know this because I used to work there and the producer asked me who he should interview from “the supporters’ club.” I suggested someone from the Shrimpers Trust and contacted Paul and Kay (who was unavailable) but it seems nobody was free at such short notice. I also tried PM-ing the Shrimperzone hierarchy and True Blue Scott but with the same lack of success. In desperation they asked me to do a recorded interview as back up which sadly it seems they will use. They also set up an interview with someone who was opposed to the new stadium but they were a no-show though there is a zoom interview with a councillor. I haven’t seen my contribution but unless it is really skilfully edited I apologise in advance for the mumbling old git you may see. If you do, please be gentle with your criticism. There’s nothing you don’t know in the item and needless to say they didn’t ask about Ron’s trip to Westminster.

Meridian News are doing a short bit on the planning approval in their 6pm bulletin (near the end). I know this because I used to work there and the producer asked me who he should interview from “the supporters’ club.” I suggested someone from the Shrimpers Trust and contacted Paul and Kay (who was unavailable) but it seems nobody was free at such short notice. I also tried PM-ing the Shrimperzone hierarchy and True Blue Scott but with the same lack of success. In desperation they asked me to do a recorded interview as back up which sadly it seems they will use. They also set up an interview with someone who was opposed to the new stadium but they were a no-show though there is a zoom interview with a councillor. I haven’t seen my contribution but unless it is really skilfully edited I apologise in advance for the mumbling old git you may see. If you do, please be gentle with your criticism. There’s nothing you don’t know in the item and needless to say they didn’t ask about Ron’s trip to Westminster.
Good work @Maidstone Shrimper, and at short notice. The fact that you stood up and said 'yes' to this does you credit.

Back