• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

The proposed building of 700 homes off Ashingdon Rd, that RDC rejected, is also going to Gove's desk for their appeal.
Seeing as there have been long time plans for a relief road looping around Sutton (v nr FF) to Hullbridge and across BBridge what are the chances the two don't get entangled and used to push that (unpopular, nimby) project back to the forefront?
I cannot imagine 700 houses off Ashingdon Road, it would be dreadful.

Does anyone know where we are regarding this being called in?
It didn't need to be "called in".
SBC needed to forward to SoS who has then 21 days to sign off (or can ask for a further similar extension). Hopefully given all party support and very limited public objections given size of project it will just get the nod in the 21 days.
You would like to think SBC had everything in place for it to go straight to the SoS.
This all said we are now 28 days from the meeting:
So either:

- Its already approved by SoS and no-one told us
- SoS has asked for an extension because he's been to busy visiting Peppa the Pig World with Boris
- SBC didn't send it straight up to SoS because despite the months and years of planning their own approval came as a surprise so it wasn't ready to go

Maybe someone in the know could update us

The below link takes you to the 'called-in' planning applications being dealt with by the SoS.

https://www.gov.uk/government/colle...ons-called-in-decisions-and-recovered-appeals

The site was last updated on 18th November and so far has no mention of it being called-in. I assume this means it is not currently with the SoS, whether that's because it doesn't need to be, or it's just not been sent in yet remains to be seen.

The below link takes you to the 'called-in' planning applications being dealt with by the SoS.

https://www.gov.uk/government/colle...ons-called-in-decisions-and-recovered-appeals

The site was last updated on 18th November and so far has no mention of it being called-in. I assume this means it is not currently with the SoS, whether that's because it doesn't need to be, or it's just not been sent in yet remains to be seen.
There's been no updates to the documents on the planning application. The letter from the SoS to the council that triggers the 21-day period would surely have been added as a matter of public record, so presumably it hasn't been sent yet. I have no idea how long these things take but I know the wheels of government, particularly one as incompetent as the one we are currently suffering, never turn quickly.

When will this project finally get the green light?

It seems the most drawn out process in history.

Anyone in the know that can update whether this has gone any further forward? Did the funds get released on the 30th November or were there other conditions surrounding that?

I can't see that the application has been called in yet. Very odd - thought that would happen pdq.

I can't see that the application has been called in yet. Very odd - thought that would happen pdq.

I wonder if @Cockle43 is in a position to update?
I have asked and can confirm that the application will be going to SoS.

Exactly where in the process it is I can't answer as I haven't got that information to hand, I will ask but at the moment I'm a little focussed elsewhere at present dealing with a family bereavement.
If, and when, I get further information that I can divulge I will do so.

I have asked and can confirm that the application will be going to SoS.

Exactly where in the process it is I can't answer as I haven't got that information to hand, I will ask but at the moment I'm a little focussed elsewhere at present dealing with a family bereavement.
If, and when, I get further information that I can divulge I will do so.
Thanks Trevor, sorry to have tagged you in at such a sad time, best wishes and deepest condolences to you.

I asked Southend council if they had sent the planning application to the secretary of state yet. They have confirmed it was received by SoS on the 18 Nov. I think the SoS now has 21 days to decide if to call in.

Back