• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

My only issue is Gove’s recent murmurings since becoming SOS for Housing and Communities that whilst he knows housing is needed, he wants to protect green belt land and for brownfield sites to be used more for housing going forward. There is green belt land incorporated into the Fossett’s plans which makes me worried that he’ll call it in, but who knows?
I think it has to go to the SOS anyway as there is an element of greenbelt. He will have 21 days to respond but can extend by a similar period I think. Thats what Ron said on the Zoom call. I think the expectation from SBC and the club is that it will get the nod as its gone through all the hoops and got broad support. Short of the two/three Tory MPs telling Gove that if its approved they will lose their seats it should go through OK you would imagine. I would think at this point them trying to scupper it is more likely to hasten early retirement. I have asked this before and got no reply- have the local MPs come out and supported the development?

Indeed. A green light then the stadium would be at last a reality

No it won't. It still has to get past the SoS. As much as I would like to think that is a formality given previous plans have already been passed, and these plans include plenty of housing, you can never be sure.

No it won't. It still has to get past the SoS. As much as I would like to think that is a formality given previous plans have already been passed, and these plans include plenty of housing, you can never be sure.
True but the biggest hurdle is SBC.

True but the biggest hurdle is SBC.

The biggest hurdle is the one immediately in front of you. If SBC approve then the SoS becomes the biggest hurdle.

(Aren't I philosophical?!!)

Don't also forget the last time the plans were called in it took 6 months to get a decision. Look at this:

Called In Planning Applications

I'd be surprised if the SoS was able to get through all the documentation in 3 weeks, let alone potentially hold an inquiry and come to a decision. I can't even see that happening in 6 weeks, but We'll see.

Last edited:
The biggest hurdle is the one immediately in front of you. If SBC approve then the SoS becomes the biggest hurdle.

Don't also forget the last time the plans were called in it took 6 months to get a decision. Look at this:

I'd be surprised if the SoS was able to get through all the documentation in 3 weeks, let alone potentially hold an inquiry and come to a decision. I can't even see that happening in 6 weeks, but We'll see.
Planning enquiries take ages. I was involved in one months back in my old job and it took nearly 4 months for a decision after the week-long hearing.

The expectation from both club and SBC is that it will be 3-6 weeks. Whilst you can disagree that is the expectation. I expect with good reason but we will have to wait I guess..

BTW my understanding is this won't be "called in" (which agreed would be more of a worry) but a procedural requirement due to part of the development needing SOS approval.

One again I expect someone more informed than we are can confirm.

I think it has to go to the SOS anyway as there is an element of greenbelt. He will have 21 days to respond but can extend by a similar period I think. Thats what Ron said on the Zoom call. I think the expectation from SBC and the club is that it will get the nod as its gone through all the hoops and got broad support. Short of the two/three Tory MPs telling Gove that if its approved they will lose their seats it should go through OK you would imagine. I would think at this point them trying to scupper it is more likely to hasten early retirement. I have asked this before and got no reply- have the local MPs come out and supported the development?
The Tory MP WILL lose their seat if the plan didn’t get approval!

I think the green belt aspect is the training ground/pitches. As far as I'm aware the scheme doesn't include any housing on green belt land?

The training ground is down to Rochford district council And i thought they approved it a while ago .

I think the green belt aspect is the training ground/pitches. As far as I'm aware the scheme doesn't include any housing on green belt land?
I think because part of it does it has to go to the SOS. Thats what Ron said. But procedural rather than being "called in".

Back