• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

Great News:

Southend Borough Council planning officers have recommended that the councillors on the Development Control Committee APPROVE both the Fossetts Farm and Roots Hall applications on the 25th October 2021.

That is very positive indeed. We are now close to the stage we had reached in 2008. Now we need to avoid another global financial crash.....

Given the sad news yesterday regarding David Amess, is there any chance that the hearing could be delayed?

I am thinking if his funeral was on the 25th for example would they delay the hearing as a mark of respect etc? No idea how these things work so just wondering

Given the sad news yesterday regarding David Amess, is there any chance that the hearing could be delayed?

I am thinking if his funeral was on the 25th for example would they delay the hearing as a mark of respect etc? No idea how these things work so just wondering
No offence to Sir David or his family but wouldn't that just be our sodding luck??

What happened to Sir David Amess is awful and does put things Into perspective. On a practical note, his funeral is unlikely to be that soon (25th), it seems to take 3 or 4 weeks nowadays between a death and the funeral. Also, sad as it is, I can’t see why it should alter the schedule for meetings and plans etc. It wasnt as if he had any direct involvement in these matters. He should be remembered at every opportunity and due respect shown but I’m sure he wouldnt have wanted his passing to cause yet more delays to the development of the town he loved.

The interesting details are in both Section 106 Agreements, especially the phasing of construction and Practical Completion of the three sided stadium before commencing any of the housing units.
There are also sizeable contributions payable before the stadium construction starts or the housing is occupied. Time to find the war chest !
Let’s hope the DCC follow the Planning Officer’s recommendation to grant approval.

Last edited:
What happened to Sir David Amess is awful and does put things Into perspective. On a practical note, his funeral is unlikely to be that soon (25th), it seems to take 3 or 4 weeks nowadays between a death and the funeral. Also, sad as it is, I can’t see why it should alter the schedule for meetings and plans etc. It wasnt as if he had any direct involvement in these matters. He should be remembered at every opportunity and due respect shown but I’m sure he wouldnt have wanted his passing to cause yet more delays to the development of the town he loved.
Sir David wouldn't be directly involved in the process, that is true.
However he was very well known to both Councillors and Officers at SBC and, if his funeral was to coincide I am sure that a number of those involved with the DCC meeting would wish to pay their due respects.

The interesting details are in both Section 106 Agreements, especially the phasing of construction and Practical Completion of the three sided stadium before commencing any of the housing units.
There are also sizeable contributions payable before the stadium construction starts or the housing is occupied. Time to find the war chest !
Let’s hope the DCC follow the Planning Officer’s recommendation to grant approval.
By who to whom?

Just to let you all know that, although all Council meetings have been cancelled for next week, apart from Full Council on Thursday for Council to pay respects to Sir David Amess, and the following week's will be reviewed, I have received confirmation that the DCC meeting planned for the 25th, WILL BE GOING AHEAD.

Back