• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

Sounds great and I will be amazed and happy when it all gets started, but in 10 years time it sounds like our stadium will be in the middle of a slum ghetto with drug dealers on every corner, and urban gang warfare as non match day entertainment.

I am not sure the Waitrose shopping clientele are going to be too happy.

In that case I better scope out and reserve the best corner now.

One thought.. will the position of so many high rise blocks in close proximity to the proposed new stadim create a wind tunnel effect ?

One thought.. will the position of so many high rise blocks in close proximity to the proposed new stadim create a wind tunnel effect ?
Well, if the wind pushes to ball nearer to the opposition's goal, i'm all for it. Every little helps

Well, if the wind pushes to ball nearer to the opposition's goal, i'm all for it. Every little helps
Just spotted a tiny flaw with your post, we change ends at halftime so we will be conceeding just as many as we score?

Just feel that tonight is a make or break for the future of our club. Yes vote brings much needed positive vibes,a no vote or more delay brings more negative vibes

Just feel that tonight is a make or break for the future of our club. Yes vote brings much needed positive vibes,a no vote or more delay brings more negative vibes

Given what the council stand to gain, the town gains and the high levels of new housing quota imposed at government level, I honestly can't see it being turned down.

That said. This is SBC we are talking about.

It’s be an bloodbath if the SBC rejected it.
I appreciate this is not meant to be taken literally, but given the events of 10 days ago this post is in pretty awful taste.

I hope councillors are minded to approve but there are plenty of people who are against this development and who don't need much of an excuse to go around smearing football supporters with lazy stereotypes. Let's not give them any ammunition.

You can bet your bottom dollar there'll be some oik on a commitee somewhere getting his spanner out ready..... :Scared:

Keeping everything x'd though..... :Thumbs up:

I appreciate this is not meant to be taken literally, but given the events of 10 days ago this post is in pretty awful taste.

I hope councillors are minded to approve but there are plenty of people who are against this development and who don't need much of an excuse to go around smearing football supporters with lazy stereotypes. Let's not given them any ammunition.
Absolutely what I thought when reading the comment by @Murkey_Mouse

We know that a Councillor who is a shareholder or Season Ticket holder of SUFC has to declare an interest and cannot vote on this. A shame as that is a few votes in favour that we could have had. I am not sure if they are allowed to speak in the debate though. Maybe someone who knows the procedures can inform us?

You can bet your bottom dollar there'll be some oik on a commitee somewhere getting his spanner out ready..... :Scared:

Keeping everything x'd though..... :Thumbs up:

So, because he disagree you already label him an oik, without even hearing his argument?

We know that a Councillor who is a shareholder or Season Ticket holder of SUFC has to declare an interest and cannot vote on this. A shame as that is a few votes in favour that we could have had. I am not sure if they are allowed to speak in the debate though. Maybe someone who knows the procedures can inform us?
I believe they have to declare an interest at the start of the discussion and cannot be involved in the debate.

I'm just glad it's not a meeting that includes all the other bits and pieces before the stadium, nearly fell asleep last time.

I'm just glad it's not a meeting that includes all the other bits and pieces before the stadium, nearly fell asleep last time.

Many years ago when my dad was a councillor he took my brother and I into the chamber for a full council meeting. We were the only 2 in the public gallery. After what felt like 10 hours we were bored (we were around 10 and 8 years old) and decided to have our own council meeting. My brother was the mayor and I was everyone else.

My dad had to come up and tell us to be quiet because we were disturbing the meeting.

Back