• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

I actually think that will turn out very nice, will take a bit to get used to having no 4th side but as long as the area is well maintained as well as the stadium itself, hopefully it will be a nice place to want to actually go to.

The main fourth stand is essential for our long term sustainability. The Fossetts plans for that stand currently include a hotel, conference and hospitality facilities which will provide substantial revenue streams and is planned for commencement in Spring 2022 and completion in Spring 2024. (Taken from a planning document dated Aug 2020). Given the time the plans are currently taking to go through the planning process, this target date may well be extended.

As Jai quite rightly said, the council will want to push this part of the development forward as they stand to receive income from the housing element within the stand.

In the current climate, do we know if we have any hotel chain willing to invest in the main stand? I certainly hope so as I don’t want a three sided stadium for any longer than absolutely necessary, and it’s essential the main stand is up and running as per the application schedule, or very soon after.

Without the retail park it will be highly unlikely anyone would be daft enough to invest in a hotel at FF. Even the flats within the stadium will lose value.

Couple of things - some talk on this thread about the hotel development, but I thought Ron said (on the last but one Zoom call) that getting involved with hotels was poor business and housing and some retail were the way forward. Also, who wants to bet that the design of the three sided ground ensures that a North Easterly mid-winter wind blowing in from Siberia will have easy access through the open part of the ground?!

Ron has been listening to all the supporters, has taken on board what they have been saying and is now planning to deliver.

The new aptly named North Bank will be for Standing Home Supporters Only.

North Bank.png

Without the retail park it will be highly unlikely anyone would be daft enough to invest in a hotel at FF. Even the flats within the stadium will lose value.

I'm not sure I get the first point, neither the Madejski hotel or the Bolton hotel are in leisure parks, unless B&Q is some peoples idea of an attraction, the only stadium hotel that springs to mind as being in a real leisure area is the MK stadium which benefits from having Bletchley park and Silverstone nearby.

Strangely the timing may just be right for building a new hotel as there will no doubt be a bounce in people wanting to get away post covid and FF isn't badly located for the airport neither being too near or too far.

Fair enough! Was just wondering if they were somewhere to publicly view and go over! ?
All the planning documents, drawings, and plans are available here (there are hundreds of pages).

Link

The drawing is in this plan

Link

Here are some more

Phase 1
Layout 1.png

Phase 2
Layout 2.png

Any updates of when the council plan to pass the plans yet.

I was of the understanding that it was due to be discussed on the 23rd of June.

23rd Jun has been and gone, as we probably expected, and no new date has been suggested by the club as to when the plans will go before the planning committee and the full council. I believe both the Fossetts and RH applications are to be decided upon together due to their strong interconnection. I also notice that the ‘Agreed expiry dates’ (whatever that means) on the Council’s website for both applications have now been pushed out to 30th Sept 2021.

They say, ‘All good things come to those who wait’. My god we have waited and waited and still we haven’t seen a brick laid. Over the years I have always supported our move to Fossetts and tried to maintain a positive attitude, however, that enthusiasm is certainly being tested by ever increasing frustration.

23rd Jun has been and gone, as we probably expected, and no new date has been suggested by the club as to when the plans will go before the planning committee and the full council. I believe both the Fossetts and RH applications are to be decided upon together due to their strong interconnection. I also notice that the ‘Agreed expiry dates’ (whatever that means) on the Council’s website for both applications have now been pushed out to 30th Sept 2021.

They say, ‘All good things come to those who wait’. My god we have waited and waited and still we haven’t seen a brick laid. Over the years I have always supported our move to Fossetts and tried to maintain a positive attitude, however, that enthusiasm is certainly being tested by ever increasing frustration.
Never ending saga...... We should of built the new stadium when we was on the up! Wouldn't surprise me if it gets knocked back and it doesnt happen. To many false dawns has made me lose interest.

Back