• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

So expect them to request (and be granted) an extension tomorrow then!
Let us hope that is not the case. As they passed the last plans with all the shops etc I don't see a reason why they would hold this up as they want housing built.

Let us hope that is not the case. As they passed the last plans with all the shops etc I don't see a reason why they would hold this up as they want housing built.
Me neither, but this is government...

I asked Southend council if they had sent the planning application to the secretary of state yet. They have confirmed it was received by SoS on the 18 Nov. I think the SoS now has 21 days to decide if to call in.
Great work. Not to split hairs, but did the council say they have had the official written confirmation from the SoS that triggers the 21-day period? I would have thought that would appear in the planning documents as a matter of record, but then I may be wrong on that.

So if the SOS doesn't call it in, does that mean that technically building work can start? Not that I expect it to.
The thing that needs to be done first is the temporary training centre. Nothing can be done until that's finalised.

The thing that needs to be done first is the temporary training centre. Nothing can be done until that's finalised.
Indeed. They need to demolish Boots and Laces to make room for the building equipment. Following that logic it would seem that the new training pitches would have to be laid too.

Great work. Not to split hairs, but did the council say they have had the official written confirmation from the SoS that triggers the 21-day period? I would have thought that would appear in the planning documents as a matter of record, but then I may be wrong on that.
Yes. The acknowledgement from SOS was received on the 18th Nov

Reactions: Jai
I asked Southend council if they had sent the planning application to the secretary of state yet. They have confirmed it was received by SoS on the 18 Nov. I think the SoS now has 21 days to decide if to call in.
Well done for asking that question - so it took the 24 days for some inexplicable reason but it’s in- I believe the max extension that SoS can request is mother 21 days- so maybe to end of year very early next?

I
Well done for asking that question - so it took the 24 days for some inexplicable reason but it’s in- I believe the max extension that SoS can request is mother 21 days- so maybe to end of year very early next?
I'll follow up tomorrow to see if they've had any contact with the SoS

So if the SOS doesn't call it in, does that mean that technically building work can start? Not that I expect it to.
Planning permission will not be granted until the Section 106 agreement is signed. As heads of terms were outlined at the council meeting I would hope that would be ready to go, but the legals may take a little while to complete.

......and once the S.106 has been legally completed, significant monies/contributions will be due to SBC prior to commencement of construction. I suspect it will be a while before the JCBs rock up at FF.

......and once the S.106 has been legally completed, significant monies/contributions will be due to SBC prior to commencement of construction. I suspect it will be a while before the JCBs rock up at FF.

Indeed. but I also suspect that the S.106 payment will be staggered so that not all of it will be payable up front. I also suspect that it will be covered by the some of the £30m.

Planning permission will not be granted until the Section 106 agreement is signed. As heads of terms were outlined at the council meeting I would hope that would be ready to go, but the legals may take a little while to complete.

There's a draft S106 agreement on the planning portal, was added on 1 Nov. So that is in motion.

Indeed. but I also suspect that the S.106 payment will be staggered so that not all of it will be payable up front. I also suspect that it will be covered by the some of the £30m.
Indeed, if you do a search on the Draft S106 agreement linked to by @The Big Dady on the word "prior" you can see that certain things need to be done prior to commencement of development, certain things before occupation of the stadium and certain things prior to each residential phase.

The first things (prior to the commencement of development) seem to be:

• submit a Scheduled Monument Management Plan to the Council for approval.
  • enter into Training Agreement with the Council and/or a training provider for the provision of on-site construction training
  • pay the VMS Contribution to the Council (£100,000)
  • pay the Webcam Contribution to the Council (£15,000)
  • pay the CPZ Contribution to the Council (£500,000)
  • pay the Temple Farm TRO Contribution to the Council (£10,000)
  • pay the Pedestrian Signage Contribution to the Council (£20,000)
  • pay the Cycle Network Contribution to the Council (£100,000)
  • submit and have approved in writing by the Council the strategy for the provision of Public Art
As you can see there's quite a lot to be done (and paid for) before the diggers get on site!

Indeed, if you do a search on the Draft S106 agreement linked to by @The Big Dady on the word "prior" you can see that certain things need to be done prior to commencement of development, certain things before occupation of the stadium and certain things prior to each residential phase.

The first things (prior to the commencement of development) seem to be:

• submit a Scheduled Monument Management Plan to the Council for approval.
  • enter into Training Agreement with the Council and/or a training provider for the provision of on-site construction training
  • pay the VMS Contribution to the Council (£100,000)
  • pay the Webcam Contribution to the Council (£15,000)
  • pay the CPZ Contribution to the Council (£500,000)
  • pay the Temple Farm TRO Contribution to the Council (£10,000)
  • pay the Pedestrian Signage Contribution to the Council (£20,000)
  • pay the Cycle Network Contribution to the Council (£100,000)
  • submit and have approved in writing by the Council the strategy for the provision of Public Art
As you can see there's quite a lot to be done (and paid for) before the diggers get on site!
Interesting. I'm not sure what a lot of those mean, but £15000 for webcams and £20000 for pedestrian signage seems extremely excessive unless I'm missing something.

SoS has extended their deadline to the 24th December. Another couple of weeks to wait I'm afraid.

Not great news if we'e relying on this to get cash to clear the umbongo

Back