• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

So do we have a date by when the council have to actually agree to plans?

This is dragging on and on...

do we have a date by when the council have to actually agree to plans?

This is dragging on and on...

The council had no guidance on how much longer it will take.

But I note on the council website there is an agreed deadline of 31 Jan 2022. I'm not sure what this means in practice though - ie what happens if the legals have not been agreed by then.

The draft S106 agreement was published on 1 Nov - one would hope the lawyers haven't been waiting for the SoS and progress has been made on a final version since then. In theory we could be days away, but in practice ????

But I note on the council website there is an agreed deadline of 31 Jan 2022. I'm not sure what this means in practice though - ie what happens if the legals have not been agreed by then.

The draft S106 agreement was published on 1 Nov - one would hope the lawyers haven't been waiting for the SoS and progress has been made on a final version since then. In theory we could be days away, but in practice ????
That's correct - I've known S106 agreements to take years to complete and sign, but the fact that there is a draft one on record and I seem to remember Ron saying in one of the Zoom meetings that it was substantially agreed leads me to believe that it will be weeks rather than months before it is signed and planning permission is granted. I think that's in everyone's interests.

From personal experience in previous property sector work if a s.106 has a draft substantially agreed on it should be sooner rather than later before it's signed and sorted.

That's correct - I've known S106 agreements to take years to complete and sign, but the fact that there is a draft one on record and I seem to remember Ron saying in one of the Zoom meetings that it was substantially agreed leads me to believe that it will be weeks rather than months before it is signed and planning permission is granted. I think that's in everyone's interests.
Don't say that !! Taken yearrrrssssss for us to even to get to this stage ?

Perhaps it was the s106 that has taken so long - it's showing millions of pounds of financial commitments
I wouldn't be surprised, I guess you can't fast track something as big as this with most likely thousands of pages of legal documents, fingers crossed we hear something soon.

I think the training ground was expected to be started early Q1 of this year so hopefully the schedule can still be met.

I wouldn't be surprised, I guess you can't fast track something as big as this with most likely thousands of pages of legal documents, fingers crossed we hear something soon.

I think the training ground was expected to be started early Q1 of this year so hopefully the schedule can still be met.
The training ground isn't on the agenda for today's development control committee meeting.

Reactions: JAL

Planning permission for the temporary training ground hasn't been granted yet - the agreed deadline is I think now 24/1

Planning permission for the temporary training ground hasn't been granted yet - the agreed deadline is I think now 24/1
So what's the deal with that? Any idea why that hasn't been considered by the council yet? And is there likely to be the rigmarole with that that there has been with the stadium plans thus far?

So what's the deal with that? Any idea why that hasn't been considered by the council yet? And is there likely to be the rigmarole with that that there has been with the stadium plans thus far?
It was only submitted a few weeks ago.

The planning permission that has been granted is outline planning permission, I.e for the plans as a whole, not detailed permission for each bit. This is the first of that.

Given that the building is temporary and will be knocked down when the proper training facilities are built I'd like to think it would be a formality. That depends on the actual plans though.

Isn't the training area on RDC land?
Not the temporary building. That will be on the area which will eventually be used for North Stand (4th side) parking. The pitches will be on RDC land, and the permanent facility will be too but that's some years off yet.

Not the temporary building. That will be on the area which will eventually be used for North Stand (4th side) parking. The pitches will be on RDC land, and the permanent facility will be too but that's some years off yet.

That bit worries me the most. I can't see why they just cant get on with the training ground and move there when it's ready or am i missing something? Is it because the current building is just shot otherwise it seems like a waste of money to me. Why does "Temporary" sound like permanently to me.

Last edited:
That bit worries me the most. I can't see why they just cant get on with the training ground and move there when it's ready or am i missing something? Is it because the current building is just shot otherwise it seems like a waste of money to me. Why does "Temporary" sound like permanently to me.
I agree. It's all linked to the residential funding phasing, but it is a concern.

I think the different phases have been laid out for some time and the project got the green light on that basis from SBC. Unless their is very good reason I would not expect that sequencing to change?

Back