• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

SBC put up more fences than there are at Aintree. It's not so much what was said but the tone. The council will be one of the big winners with the proposed development and yet sound like an obnoxious, ungrateful brat that expects a gift without deserving it.

The big worry I have is the costing and whether we have enough funding to deliver this stadium now. Building materials have rocketed while this approval process has been going on and i'm sure it will cost substantially more to build now than it would have done 1 year ago.

The big worry I have is the costing and whether we have enough funding to deliver this stadium now. Building materials have rocketed while this approval process has been going on and i'm sure it will cost substantially more to build now than it would have done 1 year ago.
FF FFS !:Takethat:

I've always had this feeling that 'eventually' the stadium would be agreed but something severe would happen mid-way through the build and we'd be left with a half built stadium that couldn't (for some legal reason) continue being built. I have no reason to think that, I just think it'll be just our luck.

We can use the dunne and coulson transfer money.

The 4th side still worries me
Won't get built under Ron ownership. Every stadium has to have main stand as its the club main source of the clubs revenue stream. I don't know any football club stadium which doesn't have a main stand! But that won't matter to Ron as he won't be around to care. Unfortunately it will end up someone else is problem.

SOUTHEND United’s long-awaited new stadium has cleared one of its final major hurdles - but don’t expect spades in the ground just yet.

Plans for a 21,000 ground at Fossetts Farm have been decades in the making, and the Secretary of State Michael Gove has now confirmed he will not call in the plans.

Carole Mulroney, councillor responsible environment, culture, tourism and planning, said the news was a vital step, whilst stressing there was still some way to go.
She said: “The legal agreements are to be concluded. Permission won’t be issued until that is finalised.

They will have to submit detailed planning applications for certain aspects of the scheme so we shouldn’t expect spades in the ground just yet but it is good news. It’s been a long time coming.”
The state-of-the-art stadium, off Eastern Avenue, is expected to bring £500 million to the town and create more than 1,000 new jobs.
The site would eventually have 1,461 homes, plus a 107-bedroom hotel, along with a club shop, restaurant and conference space.

Its phased development also includes plans to build 502 homes at the club’s current home at Roots Hall, once the new stadium is ready.
Lawyers are ironing out the final details of the scheme but there should be little to stop work proceeding now.
James Schooley, 33, has been a Blues fan for 26 years. He said: “I’m very happy to hear this news. I was aware of it being in the last haul and I’m hoping it will be all systems go now.
“It would be nice for the club to be forthcoming about where we are going from here and when they are going to be starting on the site.
“It’s great to hear but fans would like to see progress towards beginning on the site. I believe the schedule was for work to start in winter 2021/22 so we will see - but it’s good news.”
Tony Cox, leader of the Conservative group at Southend Council, had reservations.
He said: “In terms of the football club and the stadium I don’t have any issues. There are issues about how it is going to financed though. There are serious concerns over that and also about how the people who would get access to the homes.”

I thought approval for the temporary training ground was the last and final planning application needed prior to construction starting, so I was surprised to see this statement from Ms Mulroney. Apart from legal contracts, what are the remaining hurdles left before we see construction commence?

This was already being spoken about in this thread today so I have moved those from chit-chat to here.

Won't get built under Ron ownership. Every stadium has to have main stand as its the club main source of the clubs revenue stream. I don't know any football club stadium which doesn't have a main stand! But that won't matter to Ron as he won't be around to care. Unfortunately it will end up someone else is problem.
It is the most costly part of the stadium and RM will want monies in from developing RH and other parts off FF first to pay for it. For now isn't it where the temporary offices etc are going? I agree it is ridiculous to not have the main stand built as we will have zero income from anything else until it is, apart from gate money and the few avenues we already get....I don't see how that makes us better off at all.

Whether it ever gets built is another matter. All we seem to get atm is hurdle after hurdle, it's becoming a joke.

SOUTHEND United’s long-awaited new stadium has cleared one of its final major hurdles - but don’t expect spades in the ground just yet.

Plans for a 21,000 ground at Fossetts Farm have been decades in the making, and the Secretary of State Michael Gove has now confirmed he will not call in the plans.

Carole Mulroney, councillor responsible environment, culture, tourism and planning, said the news was a vital step, whilst stressing there was still some way to go.
She said: “The legal agreements are to be concluded. Permission won’t be issued until that is finalised.

“They will have to submit detailed planning applications for certain aspects of the scheme so we shouldn’t expect spades in the ground just yet but it is good news. It’s been a long time coming.”
The state-of-the-art stadium, off Eastern Avenue, is expected to bring £500 million to the town and create more than 1,000 new jobs.
The site would eventually have 1,461 homes, plus a 107-bedroom hotel, along with a club shop, restaurant and conference space.

Its phased development also includes plans to build 502 homes at the club’s current home at Roots Hall, once the new stadium is ready.
Lawyers are ironing out the final details of the scheme but there should be little to stop work proceeding now.
James Schooley, 33, has been a Blues fan for 26 years. He said: “I’m very happy to hear this news. I was aware of it being in the last haul and I’m hoping it will be all systems go now.
“It would be nice for the club to be forthcoming about where we are going from here and when they are going to be starting on the site.
“It’s great to hear but fans would like to see progress towards beginning on the site. I believe the schedule was for work to start in winter 2021/22 so we will see - but it’s good news.”
Tony Cox, leader of the Conservative group at Southend Council, had reservations.
He said: “In terms of the football club and the stadium I don’t have any issues. There are issues about how it is going to financed though. There are serious concerns over that and also about how the people who would get access to the homes.”
I don’t understand mr cox’s remarks. The council had I understood agreed a deal regarding us pseudo renting the flats to the council. He can have concerns about access to new homes but ultimately the council which he sits on has agreed it- so it’s a mute point surely?

stop the bloody chit chat .Just get on a build the bloody thing .Enough talk its time to act and either build the dam thing keep passing the buck is just stupid .

At what point would the club move, once the 3 sides have been built or once all 4 have been built?

Can't see how they sign off a football stadium for use whilst ongoing building is commencing. Are we to wear hard hats whilst watching a game of football?

Back