• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

Anyone have any inside knowledge on who will forward fund the phase 1 works? Is that where Ron’s Son and his contacts come into play?

Exactly my thoughts, just spreading misinformation more than anything, no facts, just talk.
To be fair a bit harsh (on that one point anyway, the rest of his post about rich and poor people was nonsense)

It would make sense for Homes England to think twice about giving a loan to a company that has a director currently awaiting trial for tax evasion.

let’s hope we don’t have to wait till 2023 for it to be wrapped up tho

To be fair a bit harsh (on that one point anyway, the rest of his post about rich and poor people was nonsense)

It would make sense for Homes England to think twice about giving a loan to a company that has a director currently awaiting trial for tax evasion.

let’s hope we don’t have to wait till 2023 for it to be wrapped up tho
I wouldn't say it was harsh at all, that is exactly how misinformation is spread, he's not mentioned if it's factual or not and there is bound to be someone picking it up and saying the same thing to others.

In reality no one here knows exactly how it is going to work, whether they even care or have knowledge that Ron has a tax evasion case going on, we all just have to wait and see, it's the furthest it's ever been before and the government is a beg for houses all the time.

Time will tell.

I wouldn't say it was harsh at all, that is exactly how misinformation is spread, he's not mentioned if it's factual or not and there is bound to be someone picking it up and saying the same thing to others.

In reality no one here knows exactly how it is going to work, whether they even care or have knowledge that Ron has a tax evasion case going on, we all just have to wait and see, it's the furthest it's ever been before and the government is a beg for houses all the time.

Time will tell.
The main purpose of a housing enabling scheme is to provide the finance to build the football stadium which is uneconomic to build on a stand-alone basis . Our project fails in that respect . It is a truly awful 3-sided monstrosity with few profit centres contained therein. Luxury housing is required to release sufficient resources to enable the scheme to be fully financed . Homes England would be very happy if that was the case because then they need not be involved at all . If you think I am wrong with this please explain why they have submitted a planning application for around 150 executive ( posh) homes on the former NHS land . Clearly , they don't take much notice when it comes to housing the poor . They are simply trying to get a good monetary return for the taxpayer and I have huge respect for people who act in that way .

The main purpose of a housing enabling scheme is to provide the finance to build the football stadium which is uneconomic to build on a stand-alone basis . Our project fails in that respect . It is a truly awful 3-sided monstrosity with few profit centres contained therein. Luxury housing is required to release sufficient resources to enable the scheme to be fully financed . Homes England would be very happy if that was the case because then they need not be involved at all . If you think I am wrong with this please explain why they have submitted a planning application for around 150 executive ( posh) homes on the former NHS land . Clearly , they don't take much notice when it comes to housing the poor . They are simply trying to get a good monetary return for the taxpayer and I have huge respect for people who act in that way .
Can I just ask - are you a Southend fan? You appear to have registered only to spout off a load of (clearly uninformed) nonsense about the proposed stadium development and nothing else.

Can I just ask - are you a Southend fan? You appear to have registered only to spout off a load of (clearly uninformed) nonsense about the proposed stadium development and nothing else.
You are right Spaceman . I will now shut up completely for the next 6 months - when I return the position with the stadium will be exactly the same at it is today . We can then continue the discussion we are all having on what is a very important topic . As regards whether I am informed or not I don't think you really know the answer to that .

You are right Spaceman . I will now shut up completely for the next 6 months - when I return the position with the stadium will be exactly the same at it is today . We can then continue the discussion we are all having on what is a very important topic . As regards whether I am informed or not I don't think you really know the answer to that .
In your opinion it may be the same, on the other hand in may not be. If you choose to use a Southend United Football forum to post your opinions then obviously you will draw comments from other members, especially when, by your own admission, you are not a supporter. Anyway, I will wait with baited breath for your next instalment.

Post 1107 shows he clearly does.

Would not be surprised if this drags to April and then Purdah will mean nothing until May. Be surprised if anything happens this year

Just for clarification the application under 20/00337/OUTM coming before Development Control Committee on 9th February for the former NHS land is for 131 units with a designation of 40 (16 shared ownership and 24 at affordable/social rent).

Am I being thick in that i thought when Southend Council granted planning permission and it wasn't called in by the SoS then we would see Ron, Tom, Kev and Stan with the obligatory hard hats and hi-vis with spades in their hands celebrating the start of digging.

At what point will that happen?

Am I being thick in that i thought when Southend Council granted planning permission and it wasn't called in by the SoS then we would see Ron, Tom, Kev and Stan with the obligatory hard hats and hi-vis with spades in their hands celebrating the start of digging.

The plans that were approved were for the whole site. Each individual part will still need its own planning permission. So permission will be needed for the detail. The first part of that detail is the temporary training ground.

The planning permission granted was for a training centre. What is being decided now is the detail of that training centre.

Or at least that's my understanding.

The plans that were approved were for the whole site. Each individual part will still needs its own planning permission. So permission will be needed for the detail. The first part of that detail is the temporary training ground.

The planning permission granted was for a training centre. What is being decided now is the detail of that training centre.

Or at least that's my understanding.
Makes a bit more sense. I guess it will be a little while yet if there is more red tape to navigate through

Southend has not granted permission yet. Legal documents, such as S106, need to be agreed.

Makes a bit more sense. I guess it will be a little while yet if there is more red tape to navigate through
Indeed. I think the proper term is outline planning permission. Can you imagine how much the council officers would have to wade through if the plans included the detail for each building as well?

Moreover, it's better to do it piecemeal so that designs aren't set in stone and can accommodate changes in trends and prices, but also because it would be a colossal waste of money to have to pay people to create plans for all the detail if the scheme itself was denied permission.

@londonblue and @Supershrimper I suspect the hold up, (or delay to spade work starting) is all to do with the training ground. The first, smallest, quickest part of the pathway.
And that is on RDC area, and that has been amended from first ideas to temporary buildings. My guess is temp buildings are quicker going in and initially cheaper but more expensive in long term. Also pitches, grass, turf for training need sorting.
Phase 2 is ripping up Boots and Laces and building stadium and units there.
Final part is the money making RH site.
Hopefully get RDC to agree and then get cracking?

I think we need a recap of where we are. This is my understanding....

Stadium - awaiting sign off on granting of full planning permission

Housing at fossets - awaiting sign-off on outline planning permission

Permanent training ground - meeting to decide full planning permission on 24 Feb Rochford council

Temporary training ground - full planning to be decided this month? By Southend.

Back