• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

This is indeed good news and the planning permission for Roots Hall comes with a pretty watertight condition that they can't even start building until we've moved.

View attachment 20424
Would of been nice to include the 4th (main) stand as part of the conditions as well. Still got nagging doubts this stand will take many many years (and someone elses money) before it's built. If at all. But this is certainly progress at least.

I would be concerned if it was one of the other three stands not in the first phase. The main stand is the main revenue generating piece and only built as a separate phase because it is being funded separately. I understand homes england are funding only the three sides as an enabling development?

I would be concerned if it was one of the other three stands not in the first phase. The main stand is the main revenue generating piece and only built as a separate phase because it is being funded separately. I understand homes england are funding only the three sides as an enabling development?
Yep. So the question is who or what is funding the main stand and where is the guarantee it will follow shortly after the 3 sides?.....without it there's no commercial income streams and we are relying on ticket sales/concourse sales only.

On a more cynical note, I was talking to some people over the weekend about the construction industry. At the moment it seems that construction companies aren't able to quote for jobs because prices keep rising too fast. All they're prepared to say is cost + 20%. This is residential, but I would imagine the same is true for all construction. I suspect there might be a bit more of a delay whilst difficult contracts are negotiated.

Yep. So the question is who or what is funding the main stand and where is the guarantee it will follow shortly after the 3 sides?.....without it there's no commercial income streams and we are relying on ticket sales/concourse sales only.
I would suggest the 4th stand won't be built under this ownership. I can see them moving on once the 3 sided thingy is done

This. I will be very surprised if RM builds the 4th side. By then he will have all the houses he wants on FF and RH and made his money. Hopefully the training ground will be finished at that point, as for the Main stand, who knows what will happen with that.

Anyway we have got to start the bloody thing first!

This. I will be very surprised if RM builds the 4th side. By then he will have all the houses he wants on FF and RH and made his money. Hopefully the training ground will be finished at that point, as for the Main stand, who knows what will happen with that.

Anyway we have got to start the bloody thing first!
My guess would be that will come down to what league we are in..... if its the national league or even league 2, I doubt our attendance will be much higher than Roots Hall. From owner point of view there wouldn't be any real point in building the 4th side. League 1 or higher then I can see the 4th side being built due to rise in attendances.

My guess would be that will come down to what league we are in..... if its the national league or even league 2, I doubt our attendance will be much higher than Roots Hall. From owner point of view there wouldn't be any real point in building the 4th side. League 1 or higher then I can see the 4th side being built due to rise in attendances.
The motivation to build it is the income it could generate - especially on non match days. If that is worth it or not for the owner only time will tell.

Supporters Way is built out fully in accordance with the permission(s) granted and subsequently made available for the use whether by Southend Football Club or any other Club.

So what other club other than Southend United Football Club could Ron be considering to be the new tenant? Why have they added that bit?

This is quite interesting on the Councils ownership in the town, it seems they still own part of FF and bits of RH. I would of thought they had struck a deal with the club by now?

Nil information coming out from the club since the planning permission for both sites was granted.I would have thought we would know by now when the buiders would be starting on FF.I hope we dont have issues with the financial side.Hopefully Tom and Ron will give us some update

Nil information coming out from the club since the planning permission for both sites was granted.I would have thought we would know by now when the buiders would be starting on FF.I hope we dont have issues with the financial side.Hopefully Tom and Ron will give us some update
Nil information from the club full stop, regarding the finances of the club or stadium. So much for being promised a breakdown of the anticipated income / expenditure from the new stadium (re the zoom conversation)

Nil information from the club full stop, regarding the finances of the club or stadium. So much for being promised a breakdown of the anticipated income / expenditure from the new stadium (re the zoom conversation)

It's shambolic. All after the club harassed fans to send letters to the council and rally behind campaigns etc and be present outside the civic centre for the original votes.

Now the club just sits in silence and treats us with contempt.

I long for the day when we have a well run club on and off the pitch

It's shambolic. All after the club harassed fans to send letters to the council and rally behind campaigns etc and be present outside the civic centre for the original votes.

Now the club just sits in silence and treats us with contempt.

I long for the day when we have a well run club on and off the pitch
I'm sorry but what gives you the right to know the ins and outs of the planning process and where is is at? I think you're too used to information being given in the past that never unfolded properly.

I think the club are trying to prevent given dates, prevent giving information that may not happen or be delayed, only for someone like you to moan at them again.

Too many people thinking they deserve the right to know what is going on at every single stage, enough information that is public already gets posted here and that's all you and me need to know at this moment, hence why it has been made public. If you want to know more, get a job with the council or someone that works closely to these things.

Back