• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

I'm sorry but what gives you the right to know the ins and outs of the planning process and where is is at? I think you're too used to information being given in the past that never unfolded properly.

I think the club are trying to prevent given dates, prevent giving information that may not happen or be delayed, only for someone like you to moan at them again.

Too many people thinking they deserve the right to know what is going on at every single stage, enough information that is public already gets posted here and that's all you and me need to know at this moment, hence why it has been made public. If you want to know more, get a job with the council or someone that works closely to these things.
Ordinarily yes, but our clubs finances are so poor, and with frequent winding up orders and an owner who could potentially be put inside for fraud, I think we're perfectly entitled to want to know what the hell is going on.

Last edited:
If all was going well I am sure the club would be issuing a positive statement and shouting about it from the rooftops. . The fact that they haven't means that understandably many fans feel cynical about the whole project, especially with Ron's current and past financial difficulties.

Doesn't help with the owner not be able to secure funding, probably down to his potential fraud case. I don't see how this project will start until Ron Court case comes to conclusion. Today state of play there isn't anything to report by the looks of things.

Doesn't help with the owner not be able to secure funding, probably down to his potential fraud case. I don't see how this project will start until Ron Court case comes to conclusion. Today state of play there isn't anything to report by the looks of things.
Rons court case has nothing to do with Southend united .The case is for a devlopement well away from Southend and nothingto do with the club .Ithought any funding is to the club not Ron .He maywell be the clubs chairman .But why punish the club because of two people fiddling the TAXMAN .

Rons court case has nothing to do with Southend united .The case is for a devlopement well away from Southend and nothingto do with the club .Ithought any funding is to the club not Ron .He maywell be the clubs chairman .But why punish the club because of two people fiddling the TAXMAN .
...because his companies are the main shareholders of SUFC, and if they go to the wall because of this case it's almost certain that SUFC will follow suit, as apparently they have been funding our debt for the last x amount of years. So yes, it has everything to do with the club

A few things....
The tax /fraud will take years before it gets close to a court room and could be settled before that.
As @tommy tucker posts, the case is remote from the SUFC, Roots Hall and FF developments.

I have no knowledge of the size of the planning and preparation for an immense project of this size, getting all the "ducks in a row" must be a huge undertaking, the partner building firms will also already have projects on the go, with transferable workers, managers etc;: in short it is a heck of a job and, imo, understandable in delays and hesitance about making proclamations which could be premature.

A few things....
The tax /fraud will take years before it gets close to a court room and could be settled before that.
As @tommy tucker posts, the case is remote from the SUFC, Roots Hall and FF developments.

I have no knowledge of the size of the planning and preparation for an immense project of this size, getting all the "ducks in a row" must be a huge undertaking, the partner building firms will also already have projects on the go, with transferable workers, managers etc;: in short it is a heck of a job and, imo, understandable in delays and hesitance about making proclamations which could be premature.
I understand that, but has he got all the items under his control ready to go ? Is the funding etc actually in place ?

I understand that, but has he got all the items under his control ready to go ? Is the funding etc actually in place ?
You're asking to many questions that no one is able to give the answers to, even if you asked the ones running the project, they probably wouldn't be able to tell you either. All I'm seeing is circles of the same questions over and over again, how have you not realised by now that if you aren't getting the answer the first time because it's not public knowledge, then you aren't getting it the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, because it isn't public knowledge.

It would be really good if there was some form of supporters group meeting, where people could suggest questions, and we could say suggest a question to be an update on the stadium, and then get some form of update from that meeting on how the question was answered

I'm sorry but what gives you the right to know the ins and outs of the planning process and where is is at? I think you're too used to information being given in the past that never unfolded properly.

I think the club are trying to prevent given dates, prevent giving information that may not happen or be delayed, only for someone like you to moan at them again.

Too many people thinking they deserve the right to know what is going on at every single stage, enough information that is public already gets posted here and that's all you and me need to know at this moment, hence why it has been made public. If you want to know more, get a job with the council or someone that works closely to these things.

There are so many ways that I could respond to this.

I'll try the polite option.

As previously mentioned, the club wanted the fans to be involved in actually trying to make their feelings know to the council to assist in the facilitation of the new stadium. Inviting fans to see models of the new stadium, putting things around the ground and billboards at fossetts.

Are we now an after thought. Any other clubs that have built new stadiums see it as something exciting and give updates at all opportunities to keep the fans in the loop. One club united.

As for our club. Its always been smoke and mirrors. Either mis truths or limited info.

We aren't asking the earth to just be kept in the loop. A statement or two occasionally to say another hurdle has been cleared etc etc.

We are constantly told that roots hall has a very limited time left and is not a viable option for this football club, yet we hear nothing.

Our chairman is potentially going to prison and whilst I'm not expecting that to be publicised by the club, it remains a very valid concern.

Our season cards have to be paid for in cash and there has been little to no real media campaign about this.

The supporters are the football club. Without them, there is no Southend United football club.

You would have thought that positive news around the new stadium would be something the club would use as an injection of excitement to boost sales.

What's happening on the pitch is rapidly improving and at last seems in good hands but there is no point in all of that if the future remains bleak off the pitch.

We don't have a god given right to know the inner workings of the club but we deserve to be treated with respect, especially after the last few seasons and our magnificent support this year.

As previously mentioned, the club wanted the fans to be involved in actually trying to make their feelings know to the council to assist in the facilitation of the new stadium. Inviting fans to see models of the new stadium, putting things around the ground and billboards at fossetts.

Are we now an after thought. Any other clubs that have built new stadiums see it as something exciting and give updates at all opportunities to keep the fans in the loop. One club united.

As for our club. Its always been smoke and mirrors. Either mis truths or limited info.

We aren't asking the earth to just be kept in the loop. A statement or two occasionally to say another hurdle has been cleared etc etc.

We are constantly told that roots hall has a very limited time left and is not a viable option for this football club, yet we hear nothing.

Our chairman is potentially going to prison and whilst I'm not expecting that to be publicised by the club, it remains a very valid concern.

Our season cards have to be paid for in cash and there has been little to no real media campaign about this.

The supporters are the football club. Without them, there is no Southend United football club.

You would have thought that positive news around the new stadium would be something the club would use as an injection of excitement to boost sales.

What's happening on the pitch is rapidly improving and at last seems in good hands but there is no point in all of that if the future remains bleak off the pitch.

We don't have a god given right to know the inner workings of the club but we deserve to be treated with respect, especially after the last few seasons and our magnificent support this year.
this !

1. As previously mentioned, the club wanted the fans to be involved in actually trying to make their feelings know to the council to assist in the facilitation of the new stadium. Inviting fans to see models of the new stadium, putting things around the ground and billboards at fossetts.

2. Are we now an after thought. Any other clubs that have built new stadiums see it as something exciting and give updates at all opportunities to keep the fans in the loop. One club united.

3. As for our club. Its always been smoke and mirrors. Either mis truths or limited info.

4. We aren't asking the earth to just be kept in the loop. A statement or two occasionally to say another hurdle has been cleared etc etc.

5. We are constantly told that roots hall has a very limited time left and is not a viable option for this football club, yet we hear nothing.

6. Our chairman is potentially going to prison and whilst I'm not expecting that to be publicised by the club, it remains a very valid concern.

7. Our season cards have to be paid for in cash and there has been little to no real media campaign about this.

8. The supporters are the football club. Without them, there is no Southend United football club.

9. You would have thought that positive news around the new stadium would be something the club would use as an injection of excitement to boost sales.

10. What's happening on the pitch is rapidly improving and at last seems in good hands but there is no point in all of that if the future remains bleak off the pitch.

11. We don't have a god given right to know the inner workings of the club but we deserve to be treated with respect, especially after the last few seasons and our magnificent support this year.

1. Congratulations, you filled out a biased post for the council to support the build of the stadium.
  2. Where is your proof in this? We did give updates as a club and due to delays and events that prevented the dates that were set, the club were shouted at and insulted because the dates they gave weren't fulfilled, exactly what will happen by yourself if they do the same thing again.
  3. This isn't a reason for having the right to know the ins and outs.
  4. They gave statements, all they got was abuse back.
  5. This is true, again no reason for you to know anything that isn't already public knowledge, all you need to know is that the new stadium is in progress.
  6. No relevance to the stadium, since the reigns have been handed over to his son, it is still in planning stage/final stages, if it caused an issue, we would've known by now.
  7. Absolutely no relevance to the stadium plans and needing to know the ins and outs and what's not already public.
  8. Absolutely no relevance to the stadium plans and needing to know the ins and outs and what's not already public.
  9. Boost sales? Roots Hall isn't turning into the new stadium, all there will be is relief and a few shouts of "About time", sure it will be positive news, which we have already have being all the plans have already been approved, and diggers have been seen on site.
  10. Absolutely no relevance to the stadium plans and needing to know the ins and outs and what's not already public.
  11. You knowing the ins and outs on the stadiums plans isn't going to fix that, what is going to fix us being treated with respect is what's going on with the club as a whole and anything that might threaten the existence of it, it was radio silence from the club throughout the winding-up orders and the embargos, again, no relevance to the stadium, we don't need to know about a business planning build in order to be given respect -its a whole different subject in that manner.
I don't understand what you want really, I have already said that everything we NEED to know and CAN know is public, anything that isn't is not public for a reason. All a statement will say is, "Yeah the stadium plans are going well, we hope for building soon", which we already know is what they've said multiple times in Trust meetings, etc.

1. Congratulations, you filled out a biased post for the council to support the build of the stadium.
  2. Where is your proof in this? We did give updates as a club and due to delays and events that prevented the dates that were set, the club were shouted at and insulted because the dates they gave weren't fulfilled, exactly what will happen by yourself if they do the same thing again.
  5. This is true, again no reason for you to know anything that isn't already public knowledge, all you need to know is that the new stadium is in progress.
  6. No relevance to the stadium, since the reigns have been handed over to his son, it is still in planning stage/final stages, if it caused an issue, we would've known by now.
  7. Absolutely no relevance to the stadium plans and needing to know the ins and outs and what's not already public.
  8. Absolutely no relevance to the stadium plans and needing to know the ins and outs and what's not already public.
  9. Boost sales? Roots Hall isn't turning into the new stadium, all there will be is relief and a few shouts of "About time", sure it will be positive news, which we have already have being all the plans have already been approved, and diggers have been seen on site.
  10. Absolutely no relevance to the stadium plans and needing to know the ins and outs and what's not already public.
  11. You knowing the ins and outs on the stadiums plans isn't going to fix that, what is going to fix us being treated with respect is what's going on with the club as a whole and anything that might threaten the existence of it, it was radio silence from the club throughout the winding-up orders and the embargos, again, no relevance to the stadium, we don't need to know about a business planning build in order to be given respect -its a whole different subject in that manner.
I don't understand what you want really, I have already said that everything we NEED to know and CAN know is public, anything that isn't is not public for a reason. All a statement will say is, "Yeah the stadium plans are going well, we hope for building soon", which we already know is what they've said multiple times in Trust meetings, etc.
Thanks Ron.

Please make sure your hair is beautifully quaffed in the morning ! :Winking2:

This is quite interesting on the Councils ownership in the town, it seems they still own part of FF and bits of RH. I would of thought they had struck a deal with the club by now?

According to this the council own The Railway Tavern near Prittlewell Station. :Look:

The Railway Tavern.jpg

The ownership of Fossetts Farm is clearly detailed in the planning documents shown below. Roots Hall Ltd only "Own" the small blue strip of land.

Fossetts Land.png

Fossetts Land - Copy (2).png
Fossetts Land - Copy.png
Council "Owned" land at Fossetts.

Fossetts.jpg

Firstly. Thank you for succinctly putting all of your points in number order. I may have inadvertently read them out of order and the points would have lost there validity.

I wasn't coerced to assist the club in its move, ie send details to the council. It goes beyond that. I genuinely believe that the whole development is great for the Burrough. Biased obviously, but that doesn't mean it's good for the city of southend.

Maybe the reason the club gets anger directed everytime a deadline passes by or we get radio silence is that the person responsible for the very future of our club has shown time and time again to be an awful custodian. A man that may well go to jail for fraud of 900k but yet still doesn't pay wages and bills.

So im sorry that asking for an update is seen as stick to be beaten with but some of us find it strange that a club that should have a bright future looming on the horizon chooses to stay silent. That doesn't add up for me, especially at a time when any good news will be welcomed.

A few things....

He has a hearing on 30th May with the full court date in January

Back