• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

I don’t understand mr cox’s remarks. The council had I understood agreed a deal regarding us pseudo renting the flats to the council. He can have concerns about access to new homes but ultimately the council which he sits on has agreed it- so it’s a mute point surely?
He is leader of the Conservative opposition group and assuming that remains unchanged in May (in current environment I might even put some of my own money on that) I wouldn't read too much into it. Its his "job" to find fault I guess - shame it's not him rather than the point that's mute :-)

Homes England are funding the three sides as an enabling project.
Hotel or (perhaps now) additional housing the main stand.
Our partners in the overall project are the Dellal's (billionaires apparently)

So not too many alarm bells at the moment on funding and the council are a ready made lessee for all the properties (they don't even need to find buyers).

It is the most costly part of the stadium and RM will want monies in from developing RH and other parts off FF first to pay for it. For now isn't it where the temporary offices etc are going? I agree it is ridiculous to not have the main stand built as we will have zero income from anything else until it is, apart from gate money and the few avenues we already get....I don't see how that makes us better off at all.

Whether it ever gets built is another matter. All we seem to get atm is hurdle after hurdle, it's becoming a joke.
There is 1 big positive out of this development. No more Ron! For me that's sufc biggest win out of this saga. Your right it's becoming a joke.

It'll either never get built or it won't be worked on for years leaving us with a crap stadium and getting the **** taken out of us for only having three sides.
Or more positively it will get built because either the hotel will go ahead (was in doubt but Easyjet has announced it's returning to/having hub at Southend?) or instead of the hotel the plan is to replace with more housing. So no 4th side also would mean no hotel or additional housing either.

Feel like there is way too much speculation just off the basis off the history of Ron Martin and the club running, rather than Ron Martin and property and building development. I'm quite hopeful of this happening, I highly doubt over 10+ years he would let it all go to **** in the end, optimistic that he will actually deliver on this one.

I'm happy to be told 'I told you so' if ever in the future, this just has a better feeling about it than most things knowing it's the furthest it has ever been.

Feel like there is way too much speculation just off the basis off the history of Ron Martin and the club running, rather than Ron Martin and property and building development.

As far as I know, the bloke hasn't development any properties in years, perhaps decades. So I wouldn't be too hopeful in this being a professional operation.

I know what you were trying to say but I would be cautious not thinking the two Ron's are the same. I have many close friends who have done work for him in the past and never received payment, so he's very much the same person.

As far as I know, the bloke hasn't development any properties in years, perhaps decades. So I wouldn't be too hopeful in this being a professional operation.

I know what you were trying to say but I would be cautious not thinking the two Ron's are the same. I have many close friends who have done work for him in the past and never received payment, so he's very much the same person.

I know Ron developed some houses in Benfleet which were finished in 1982 but only because I lived in the one next to his!

I dont think ill ever understand that.

Why not main stand and money earning facilities first.

Unless its truly rons way of building all the cheap stuff first then bodgit and scarpering.
In one way it makes more likely that the 4th stand gets built.

Feel like there is way too much speculation just off the basis off the history of Ron Martin and the club running, rather than Ron Martin and property and building development. I'm quite hopeful of this happening, I highly doubt over 10+ years he would let it all go to **** in the end, optimistic that he will actually deliver on this one.

I'm happy to be told 'I told you so' if ever in the future, this just has a better feeling about it than most things knowing it's the furthest it has ever been.

3 small sides built of FF and sufc move roots hall demolished, millions in the bank. Depends if ron thinks thats job done.

3 small sides built of FF and sufc move roots hall demolished, millions in the bank. Depends if ron thinks thats job done.
At the risk of driving things in circles, wasn't it discussed much earlier in this thread how the fourth stand contains sufficient money incentives to make finishing the job a more than reasonable expectation?

Explain yb
I'll give it a go, the possibility is still there for a hotel to be part of the stadium, if by the time building starts it looks like it won't happen its a whole lot easier to put pressure on the council to allow some housing to be incorporated within it.

There is also the corporate and suites side of it, the club needs that to survive and whoever owns the club at that time will find it a lot easier to get funding for a stand that brings in income than one that doesn't.

Just on the suites / events side, last week I went on a training course for work at Rotherhams new York stadium, it turns out they rent out the rooms for training quite a lot during the week which brings in a decent chunk of change. Also they now hate Ladapo

I'll give it a go, the possibility is still there for a hotel to be part of the stadium, if by the time building starts it looks like it won't happen its a whole lot easier to put pressure on the council to allow some housing to be incorporated within it.

There is also the corporate and suites side of it, the club needs that to survive and whoever owns the club at that time will find it a lot easier to get funding for a stand that brings in income than one that doesn't.

Just on the suites / events side, last week I went on a training course for work at Rotherhams new York stadium, it turns out they rent out the rooms for training quite a lot during the week which brings in a decent chunk of change. Also they now hate Ladapo
Hopefully.

If Toms forecast on hospitality revenue was on point we will be far more sustainable.

However I dont believe a word RM says. So we'll see.

A 3 sided joke for a decade seems a very feesable possibility to me.

It'll either never get built or it won't be worked on for years leaving us with a crap stadium and getting the **** taken out of us for only having three sides.
We have to own this and go on the offensive.

"We're the team in Blue.
We're the team in Blue.
Our ground's not quite finished.
But we're still beating you."

"It's only three stands
But we've got big plans
You want some we'll give it ya
Cos you've got **** fans"

(Best used against Wealdstone obviously)

"It's not finished yet
We're in lots of debt
But you're losing to Southend
How **** can you get?"

"It cost ten million pound
To build half a ground
But it was worth it
To be shot of Phil Brown"

Can you hear the main stand sing....? Noooo etc

Back