• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

It's blue collar so it just has no real pressure.

The system works differently if you have money

On average it takes at least 18 months for a scheme of this size to be implemented once approved. Expect a lot of discharge of condition, variation of conditions, non material amendment applications to come forward in the coming months.

The devil is in the detail, there are numerous conditions that need to be discharged before work, other than site clearance, can begin on site. It appears that 22/00806/AD has been submitted to satisfy Condition 15. Outline Application - Design Code Approval. I would suggest that they are trying to get their ducks in a row to satisfy Condition 11. Full and Outline Application - Stadium funding and building contract(s) but that's just speculation. They could confirm all of this and keep us in the loop, I would rather they crack on.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting that 'put back due to concerns of recession' feeling?
The thing is the council would really like the rh flats built and those at fossetts as it would do very well for their housing numbers. The council is under pressure to deliver homes and this must be a headache for them

The thing is the council would really like the rh flats built and those at fossetts as it would do very well for their housing numbers. The council is under pressure to deliver homes and this must be a headache for them
I agree but I also see the council running out of patience with Ron and scrapping the whole project. How many years has this been dragging on now, Labour were in government when it first got called in for christ sake, what's going on?

I agree but I also see the council running out of patience with Ron and scrapping the whole project. How many years has this been dragging on now, Labour were in government when it first got called in for christ sake, what's going on?
The houses only joined the project planning within the last few years.

How long would that take to factor in? This debacal is making us look like a laughing stock
It can take several years to plan flat estates or housing estates, and then a few more years to build it, so it looks pretty on track to me.

It's the only way we can afford the stadium.

How long would that take to factor in? This debacal is making us look like a laughing stock
This is no worse that the Lucy Road development, cinema and bowling alley et al (or lack of it), The Kursaal development featuring fine hoardings and bugger all else and lets not forget the Queensway total **** up where the developers now say they don't have the funding to develop. So, in comparison I would think Fossetts farm is positively the jewel in the City Council crown.

This is no worse that the Lucy Road development, cinema and bowling alley et al (or lack of it), The Kursaal development featuring fine hoardings and bugger all else and lets not forget the Queensway total **** up where the developers now say they don't have the funding to develop. So, in comparison I would think Fossetts farm is positively the jewel in the City Council crown.
And that’s before we even get started on the ‘apparently Southend is getting a bypass’ shenanigans that crop up every few years

There are a number of pre-commencement development conditions to be approved by SBC in the S.106 Agreement, as well as the payment of the pre-commencement contribution. From memory this totalled over £2million.
I hope RM did last night’s lottery as the infamous War Chest cannot be found!

I'm struggling to see what people expected here? Work was never going to commence immediately following approval. As Sammy Shrimper said there are conditions that need to be discharged before work can begin and there is currently one for the design code registered with the council.
It’s the same people, on the same cycle every few weeks, really don’t know what they expect, they just seem to want it to pop up over night, just wait until someone tells them it takes a few years to build it too!

Agreed. But I suppose as long as he owns roots hall he’s the only answer for flats there? I think this all comes down to whether Ron and his family can afford to do it.

It’s the same people, on the same cycle every few weeks, really don’t know what they expect, they just seem to want it to pop up over night, just wait until someone tells them it takes a few years to build it too!

I think it's the fact the previously we were told that once all the ducks were lined up ie planning given the green light, the club had the contractors ready and willing to get cracking.

We were led to beleive that this would be quite quickly after planning agreed.

Personally this whole saga is embarrassing. How many clubs have applied to build a ground after our initial application and have been playing for several seasons in a new stadium.

The deafening silence from the club is also a concern.

Do the supporter's group meetings happen in during now the season has finished? This would be a good opportunity to raise the question at least!

Back