• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Plasma tellys

osymandus

Life President
Morning all .
Any audio visual gurus in teh place ??
HAve resently got a Panasonic 42 80ZP (v nice Plasma screen), and as its for my folks , thought i would get an upscaling DVD player (phillips DVP5980 again a nice player for its price).

However when plugged in and working the telly seems to totally pixilate the upscale (have tried a new HDMI and updated the firmware on the player (teh TV alread has the latest ones !) even at lower ranges (like 480 and 720 etc)

Any ideas , areas to point me too ??

Cheers

How about your connecting cables? Use the more expensive gold SCART than the bog standard.

Try AVForums.com - if you search for your TV they will have optimum settings - I was really dissappointed with my new tv until I found the right settings, looks fantastico now. Even so far as the proper balance for whites etc - really worth taking half hour to search for and then change, as you spend enough on the TV.

Try AVForums.com - if you search for your TV they will have optimum settings - I was really dissappointed with my new tv until I found the right settings, looks fantastico now. Even so far as the proper balance for whites etc - really worth taking half hour to search for and then change, as you spend enough on the TV.

Cheers , been on there as well (no reply yet ) , spoke to Philips , who just reckown its the player itself :( . One last test and i send it back !!!
Cheers

Back