• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

graysblue

Banned
platini has now stated new rules may be put in place to curb clubs from losing their identity,look at arsenal managed by a frenchman with most of the squad overseas players.

personally it should be a max of 5 overseas players per matchday squad thus allowing homegrown talent to shine.

a warning has been issued regarding english clubs owing a staggering 3 billion quid,fears are growing that some clubs may go to the wall.

it beggers belief that some clubs spend huge amounts without making sure it can all be funded.

westham look in trouble as their owner may well have lost his fortune in the iceland bank,blimey if the russian loses his pile chelsea will be in meltdown...................always on the cards.

Once again, FIFA are staggeringly arrogant as they vociferously try and do good for the world of football and once again, Platini illustrates the contempt for the English league.

Yes, there is too much debt in the English game but no-one in FIFA towers was complaining when the Premiership brand established an elite moneymaking machine in 1992 and no-one complained there when the extension of the Champions League in 1995 made football a profitable business and established a minority elite. Businesses look at maximising profit and often this is much better served with debt than equity. This is a simple business financing concept that should not have been beyond the thought process of FIFA.

Yes, there are too many foreigners in most of the top European leagues and the premium charged for English players means that the English leagues have it as bad as anywhere. However, again, I don't seem to remember any decisive action taken when the Bosman ruling was made in 1995. If this ruling is legally binding and legally sacrosanct then it couldn't be challenged and we have to get on with it. If Platini has a cunning Baldrick plan to overturn this now, why has it taken almost 13 years.

FIFA have been the architects or at least contributors to a large number of problems within the game. Platini has been influential in FIFA and UEFA since 2002 and can't exempt himself from this blame. If I do a crap on my doorstep, I won't go around complaining about it.

However, as mentioned, it can only be a positive move for football if we can put the seedy principle-less money-chasing behind us at least a bit.

platini has now stated new rules may be put in place to curb clubs from losing their identity,look at arsenal managed by a frenchman with most of the squad overseas players.

personally it should be a max of 5 overseas players per matchday squad thus allowing homegrown talent to shine.

a warning has been issued regarding english clubs owing a staggering 3 billion quid,fears are growing that some clubs may go to the wall.

it beggers belief that some clubs spend huge amounts without making sure it can all be funded.

westham look in trouble as their owner may well have lost his fortune in the iceland bank,blimey if the russian loses his pile chelsea will be in meltdown...................always on the cards.

Look at Liverpool. According to our youth team player who is good enough to make their reserve team (but not ours), Benetiz spoke to him most of the time in Spanish and Medi spent more time speaking French and Spanish than English.

Once again, FIFA are staggeringly arrogant as they vociferously try and do good for the world of football and once again, Platini illustrates the contempt for the English league.

Yes, there is too much debt in the English game but no-one in FIFA towers was complaining when the Premiership brand established an elite moneymaking machine in 1992 and no-one complained there when the extension of the Champions League in 1995 made football a profitable business and established a minority elite. Businesses look at maximising profit and often this is much better served with debt than equity. This is a simple business financing concept that should not have been beyond the thought process of FIFA.

Yes, there are too many foreigners in most of the top European leagues and the premium charged for English players means that the English leagues have it as bad as anywhere. However, again, I don't seem to remember any decisive action taken when the Bosman ruling was made in 1995. If this ruling is legally binding and legally sacrosanct then it couldn't be challenged and we have to get on with it. If Platini has a cunning Baldrick plan to overturn this now, why has it taken almost 13 years.

FIFA have been the architects or at least contributors to a large number of problems within the game. Platini has been influential in FIFA and UEFA since 2002 and can't exempt himself from this blame. If I do a crap on my doorstep, I won't go around complaining about it.

However, as mentioned, it can only be a positive move for football if we can put the seedy principle-less money-chasing behind us at least a bit.

Platini is UEFA not FIFA isn't he?

Whilst he has had influence in UEFA previously, this would have been limited to certain spheres (eg organising European Championships/World Cups). Its only since he became President that he's really been able to speak out and try and address these problems. Otherwise he'd be blocked by people playing politics.

The other thing to remember is that Platini's words are twisted by the Big 4's spin doctors, who try and portray it as an attack on English football. They have far more of a vested interest than Platini yet their motives in falsely portraying it as an anti-English campaign go unchallenged.

as more and more overseas lads ply their trade here all searching for the big bucks,homegrown players will rarely get the chance to perform at the top level which in turn will make england become a second rate footballing nation(yes i know the national team have not done the business for years)the likes of rooney,best,charltons ect ect will become rarer and rarer.

the thought of the carlos kickaballs of this world creaming off as much wonga as they can whilst kissing the club badge truly sickens me.

these guys have little affinity towards the club its all about feathering their own nest.

Platini is UEFA not FIFA isn't he?

Whilst he has had influence in UEFA previously, this would have been limited to certain spheres (eg organising European Championships/World Cups). Its only since he became President that he's really been able to speak out and try and address these problems. Otherwise he'd be blocked by people playing politics.

The other thing to remember is that Platini's words are twisted by the Big 4's spin doctors, who try and portray it as an attack on English football. They have far more of a vested interest than Platini yet their motives in falsely portraying it as an anti-English campaign go unchallenged.

I had to use a few sources of info for my research. Looking in to it some more, Platini is UEFA president as well as chairman of FIFA's Technical and Development Committee which really could mean anything.

The focus of my annoyance is definitely FIFA on a broader level.

I have now read the detail of what he said about English football and I think it probably has been taken out of context or at least badly headlined.

Back