• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Play-off final Shrewsbury v Aldershot

McScriven

The Ball Boy
So the play-off final is Shrewsbury against Aldershot. A big shame for Hereford who were on a par with Chester all season. I hope Aldershot come back up just for the away following they will bring and it's a new ground to go to.

Makes me think though surely the conference should be made four up and the 3rd division four down.

Does seem an injustice though, the Prem, Football League and Conference should all be brought in line 4 up 4 down!

Im sure aldershots friendly fans would make us feel welcome down there in hampshire if they go up!!
wink.gif

I think 4 up and down from Div 3 and Conference. The difference between Div 3 and the Conference can sometimes mean the future of the club. I think 3 up and 3 down would be better. Seems a little harsh to just have the best team in the Conference go straight up. 2nd should be rewarded with automatic promotion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ May 03 2004,18:05)]Im sure aldershots friendly fans would make us feel welcome down there in hampshire if they go up!!
wink.gif
I did think about the potential trouble from Shots fans... but then I remembered the thugs of Shrewsbury and realised the Shots were by far the better option!

Besides that - it will be the final stage of their rehabilitation since going bust, and since we've been pretty close to that more times than it bears thinking about their return to the league will be a beacon of hope for any other club that has the misfortune to go the same way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ May 03 2004,17:57)]Does seem an injustice though, the Prem, Football League and Conference should all be brought in line 4 up 4 down!
I disagree, thats whats so fantastic about getting into the League. It used to be the hardest and still marginally is. However, yes they deserved their extra place, but thats it. No more changes especially not in the near future. If your going to do that proposal, its pointless being called the conference, it'll be the 4th Division.

Einstein

I'll be hoping that Shrewsbury do it for the same reason that most of you want Aldershot - cos it's local!

4 up 4 down? Have some of you got a death wish? It might have seen off Borient this season though....
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 03 2004,18:20)]Besides that - it will be the final stage of their rehabilitation since going bust, and since we've been pretty close to that more times than it bears thinking about their return to the league will be a beacon of hope for any other club that has the misfortune to go the same way.
Spot on, Mr. Spaceman. Pretty much what I posted on the Shots board when I wished them good luck. When they went bust they were one of the first for a long time. Until then it had been "it couldn't happen". Afterwards it was "Yes it bloody could!"

Shrews and Shot fans are both known for there trouble
sad.gif
i am scared! I am not bothered who comes up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stid @ May 03 2004,22:49)]I'll be hoping that Shrewsbury do it for the same reason that most of you want Aldershot - cos it's local!

4 up 4 down? Have some of you got a death wish? It might have seen off Borient this season though....  
laugh.gif
and I wanted Hereford for the same reason
sad.gif

What's the name of that song in your signature? It was really annoying me the other day and has now come back to haunt me again!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 04 2004,10:23)]What's the name of that song in your signature?  It was really annoying me the other day and has now come back to haunt me again!
it's "wish you were here" from the album of the same name, by Pink Floyd.

biggrin.gif
Damn good album too

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ May 04 2004,12:11)]Damn good album too
Yeah, but you can't beat Dark Side of the Moon

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stid @ May 04 2004,12:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ May 04 2004,12:11)]Damn good album too
Yeah, but you can't beat Dark Side of the Moon
True, especially if you play "the wizard of oz" on video with the sound turned down at the same time
wink.gif

Having said that, Dark side's great as an album, but as individual tracks it's got nothing to match wish you were here, or echoes/fearless from Meddle

This Wizard of Oz thing is an urban myth surely!? I'd like to try it one day but I'd have to get the film on DVD. All I can do is quote Nick Mason on the subject:-

"It's absolute nonsense, it has nothing to do with The Wizard Of Oz. It was all based on The Sound Of Music."

LOL

From my point of view I'd prefer to go to Shrewsbury.

no offence to Aldershot, but I'd prefer to see Shrewsbury back in the League -an example of a club that can bounce-back 1st time, no other reason really.
Mind you, If Shrews dont go up maybe we should bid for Luke Rodgers? - proven goalscorer at this level.

Aldershot all day long, it means another team within a two hour drive in our division next year.

Back