• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Firestorm

Pedant
From the FL site

http://www.football-league.co.uk/re...ootball-league-play-off-rules_2293633_2358924

5.2 Income from television broadcasting of any match shall not form part of the proceeds of the match. Facility fees payable to Clubs shall be determined by the Board.

5.3 The proceeds of each match after paying thereout the travelling and/or hotel expenses, for one night and only if incurred, of the Visiting Club, the ground and other expenses of the match including Value Added Tax, floodlighting of the playing pitch and ancillary lighting (not to exceed £200), advertising, printing, postage, police charges, turnstile operators, stewards and
contribution to first aid helpers shall hereafter be referred to as 'the Semi Final Net Gate Receipts Before Levy'.

5.4 A levy amounting to 3% of the Semi Final Net Gate Receipts Before Levy shall be payable in accordance with Article 67. The balance of the net proceeds after deduction of the levy represents the 'Net Gate Receipts' and such Net Gate Receipts shall be divided as follows: -

5.4.1 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 65; and

5.4.2 the remaining 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be aggregated, Division by Division, and each Division's aggregated monies shall be shared equally amongst the four Clubs taking part in that Division's Play-Off matches.

5.5 Each Home Club shall send the 3% levy and the shares of the Net Gate Receipts to be paid into the Pool Account to The League together with a statement of the calculations thereof within ten days of the match to be aggregated by Division.

6 Financial Rules relating to the Final matches.

6.1 Where a Club sells match tickets on behalf of The League, the proceeds of ticket sales shall be paid to The League in accordance with the provisions of Article 79.

6.2 Both Clubs shall be entitled to claim a maximum of two nights overnight hotel accommodation if incurred. Such expenses shall be limited to those incurred for a party not exceeding twenty-two in number.

6.3 The proceeds of each match after paying thereout the travelling and/or hotel expenses, for a maximum of two nights and only if incurred (at the rate and as determined by the Executive from time to time, per person per night), of the competing Clubs, the ground and other expenses of the match including Value Added Tax, hire of stadium, advertising, printing, postage, police charges, turnstile operators, stewards, contribution to first aid helpers, catering, entertainment, travelling and/or hotel expenses of The League Board, staff, match officials and ball boys shall hereafter be referred to as 'the Final Net Gate Receipts Before Levy'. A levy amounting to 3% of the Final Net Gate Receipts Before Levy shall be payable in accordance with Article 67. The balance of the net proceeds after deduction of the Levy represents the Net Gate Receipts and such Net Gate Receipts shall be divided as follows:

6.3.1 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 64;

6.3.2 the remaining 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be divided equally between the two Clubs taking part in each Final Play-Off match.

so its 12.5 % of the total of the ibcome of all 4 games and 25% of the final revenue

Thats interesting stuff. I had always thought each team got 40% of games they played in with 20% going into the communal pot, perhaps that relates to cup matches. So not quite as much of a money spinner as I thought but every penny helps especially if sky money isnt included in net receipts.

Good find. I had to re-read this a few times but based on what you posted it breaks down as follows (your summary is right but I forgot that there are 4 semi-final games and 1 final game).

For the two play-off semi-finals the 4 teams share 50% of the sum of the Net Gate Receipts of the 4 games.
For the two teams that get into the final, each team gets 25% of the Net Gate Receipts of the final game.
The remaining 50% from the playoff games goes to the 'Pool Account'.
The remaining 50% from the final goes to the 'Pool Account'

I assume the pool account is what is paid to the teams in the league based on final league position?

Thats interesting stuff. I had always thought each team got 40% of games they played in with 20% going into the communal pot, perhaps that relates to cup matches. So not quite as much of a money spinner as I thought but every penny helps especially if sky money isnt included in net receipts.

I took the note "Income from television broadcasting of any match shall not form part of the proceeds of the match. Facility fees payable to Clubs shall be determined by the Board" to mean that the FL get the TV money and any costs the club incurs in facilitating the TV (Temporary gantries etc) could then be claimed back.

Yep. This is what I have said a few times.

Basically (and bearing in mind we will have the highest crowd of the 4 SF games) we will get shafted a bit. As we will be contributing more to the pot than any of the other 3 teams. The SF games at a guess won't be worth more than about £50,000 to us. Which when you consider, we will probably be contributing nearly 3 times that, in terms of ticket revenue from the RH leg. Is a bit lame....

The only way we will make some decent money will be by taking 25% of the Wembley gate receipts. Which at a guess could net us around the £300,000-£400,000 mark, if we get there. Not to mention the uplift in merchandise (shirts, scarves, flags etc)

Last edited:
Yep. This is what I have said a few times.

Despite that (and several other posts too) there were still loads of comments about the windfall coming our way . Having read another one at 7.30 last night I decided to start a new thread......

I think the 300k-400k may be a tad optimistic too, unless there are 40k plus there (once the expenses for the day and the 3% levy have been taken off ) 40K at an Average of 30 per ticket is only 1.2M of which our share would be 291K without there being any costs taken for policing, stewards etc

Rough guesses

Crewe 7k fans
Southend 9k fans
Torquay 5k fans
Cheltenham 5k fans

Average ticket price of £15 = 26,000 x £15 x 12.5% = £48,750 + plus the TV revenue

For the final approx 35,000 x average ticket price of £30 x 25% = £262,500 + plus the TV revenue

So maybe £350k tops if you include programme/bar/burger/merchandise sales

is the final league position pot money decided by just that, or does 4th place money defer to the play-off champion and so on? if you get me?

p.s - you think we get shafted, think how Sheffield United (ave 18k) & Huddersfield (ave 14k) must feel having to evenly split there money with MK Dons (ave 8.5k) & Stevenage (ave 3.5k)!!

To be honest I'm all for money from bigger clubs trickling down to smaller clubs, especially as a reward for smaller teams overachieving, which is what Stevenage have definitely done in that league.

Back