• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

camden shrimper

Youth Team
Don't want to remotely curse things but am planning for work and wouldn't want to miss them if we got into the play offs. I know when the final would be but does anyone know about the semi's? Even the weeks that they are in would be helpful!

They haven't confirmed a kick off time for the final yet! I'd imagine times and dates will only be confirmed once the season ends and Sky sort their schedule out! As the season ends a touch earlier than normal, I'd guess that will work them around successive weekends but it could mean a game on a Thursday night which is hardly ideal, or even a midday on a Sunday like Burton a few seasons back!

Well the season ends on Sunday 30th April and the League One playoff final is on Saturday 20th May so I imagine they might do the 1st legs on the following Saturday/Sunday and then the 2nd leg on the following Thursday/Friday which gives the winning teams around a week to sell tickets to the final.

The final League Two fixtures kick off at 5:30PM on Saturday 6th May with the Championship following on Sunday 8th at 12:00PM.

There's nothing on the EFL website, they don't normally announce play-off dates until after the end of the season. But it won't be far from what Mr Plow said.

I got a response from the EFL last week and they will not decide until nearer the end of the season. They said they need to know what teams (?) are involved, and discussions with TV. They did say though 4-12 May is pencilled in.

I got a response from the EFL last week and they will not decide until nearer the end of the season. They said they need to know what teams (?) are involved, and discussions with TV. They did say though 4-12 May is pencilled in.

I'd say this is quite a reasonable assumption! :smile:

I do know, but have been sworn to secrecy. The two legs are scheduled to be quite close together though.

How does it matter what the four teams are? Why not set dates at the beginning of the season as that would be handy for all fans of the clubs involved ...............

............... oh hang on - it's not about the fans of the clubs involved is it? How silly am I in thinking that the fans who attend the games would be of paramount importance. :facepalm:

It's about marketing and sales for the broadcast and salaries for the Football League officials. It's about people sitting at home who don't go to the games. It's about subscriptions from people overseas who have more control over the schedule than the people in this country that go to home and away games throughout the season.

Hash tag: Anotherkickintheteethforproperfans

Hash tag: Ripingtheheartandsouloutofourgreatgame

Can't see teams having to play on Sunday and then again on the Tuesday. More likely to be Weds and Thursday, with the 2nd leg Saturday and Sunday.

Why dont you either tell us when they are or shut up. You are just showing off and letting everyone know you are in the know etc.

Well, pardon me. I have already said I was sworn to secrecy but here I am trying to give people a little help in planning their time and you decide to tell me to "shut up". Pardon me for trying to help.

#forthebenefitofRattuswon'tbotherinthefuture

Well, pardon me. I have already said I was sworn to secrecy but here I am trying to give people a little help in planning their time and you decide to tell me to "shut up". Pardon me for trying to help.

#forthebenefitofRattuswon'tbotherinthefuture

Trying to help would be telling people when the games are, not going oh yes you are close, anyone could work out its roughly the dates people have mentioned.

Trying to help would be telling people when the games are, not going oh yes you are close, anyone could work out its roughly the dates people have mentioned.

So, tell me, when you have been asked not to reveal the exact dates, what would you do - say nothing? Oh, I am sorry if my trying to help has given you the ache, I'll not bother in future...or maybe only bother with those who actually know to trust me!

So, tell me, when you have been asked not to reveal the exact dates, what would you do - say nothing? Oh, I am sorry if my trying to help has given you the ache, I'll not bother in future...or maybe only bother with those who actually know to trust me!

Quite simply yes!!!

And i'm wondering if the person who trusted you with this information still does?

Yes! Say nothing! I'd not expect you to break a confidence but why make an 'I know what you don't' comment? It is a little bit irritating to us mere mortals! Why comment at all, if not to wind others up? :unsure:

It smacks of a childish :raspberry:!

Last edited:
Back