• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Play offs?

Where will we finish this season.

• Total voters
Regardless this group of players and management team have excelled this seasons expectations in my eyes.
I won’t be voting for POTS unless there is an option for all of them!

Roll on next season when we compete for a whole season on a level playing field.

Looking at Division 2 next season... loads of Northern Clubs.

Bonus of been in the National league we get to be on National live TV a few times a year :-)

I am personally happy to here for another season

Big Club and the world is our Oyster all big spenders have gone.

Bonus of been in the National league we get to be on National live TV a few times a year :-)

Not sure I agree on your last sentence, Oldham have reportedly got the highest wage bill in the league.

They aren't using it particularly well but at least they spent a million on a decent pitch

I'd much rather be in league 2 than this dreadful league. Hope we get out of it asap. Next season fingers crossed.

I'd much rather be in league 2 than this dreadful league. Hope we get out of it asap. Next season fingers crossed.
Obviously the higher level we are playing the better. Otherwise, I'm not sure the experience in League 2 is any more enjoyable. As soon as we are in it, there will be plenty bemoaning cr@p, dreadful, League 2 and the tinpot sides we are obliged to play.

On the plus side - 5 points clear of Daggers (they have already played 44)

Just returned home from my last trip to England. Have been on three separate trips throughout the season and seen the Blues play 9 times either home or away. Have been a lifelong "Shrimper" first game in 1969. Was at the Boreham Wood game and came to the conclusion that ironically this has been one of the most enjoyable seasons I've experienced since then. Didn't lose any games I was present at. Over the last 5 years It was the complete opposite, with us loosing every game I could attend. Crowds were large, boisterous and enthusiastic. Positive response on and off the field between fans, players and coaching staff. Technically, at this level we are a good team who try and play football.

I'll cherish any opportunity to watch my team, especially at Roots Hall. O-O against Woking? still loved every minute of it sharing the game with a big crowd of likeminded people.

Has what's happened over the last 5 years given us the opportunity to reflect on what it means to us to be SUFC fans? a chance to get our house in order and bounce back stronger and better for the future. For me the answer is a resounding yes.

Definitely that transfer embargo and points deduction cost us a lot more than 10 points, if it wasnt for that i would say we would have finished 2nd in the league, without that transfer embargo we would have had a much stronger team and had strikers a plenty daresay our midfield would be a lot different too .

Back