• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Playoffs

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
So we need Millwall to screw up, not to mention Bristol are snapping at our heels.....so simple yes/no...will we be in the mix for the Playoffs?

Sadly I think Millwall have the edge and they're over their post FA Cup blip.

Hmmm everything to pay for still but we cannot afford and more siip ups,we need minimum 9 points .

Tough but not impossible.

if Ranger is fit for those games most definitely, if not the odds go down dramatically to only possible. He is so important in making things happen up front, relieving midfield and he's now a great foil at set pieces in defence.

I'd say 60% no, 40% yes.

We're out of form, missing a number of key players like Coker, Leonard, Ranger, even if they only miss one or two games, we can't afford to slip up again now.

That said, given that we were favourites to be going down in September, I wouldn't rule us out. Only takes a slight blip from Millwall and all our remaining fixtures are (on paper) winnable.

Hmmm everything to pay for still but we cannot afford and more siip ups,we need minimum 9 points .

Tough but not impossible.

May have been a spelling mistake, but probably the truest thing you have ever posted mrsb.

I agree with your 'tough but not impossible' by the way.

We don't need to fear Millwall. A point at Gillingham yesterday was a poor result from them too. They've got Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers away to come.

Whoever wins 3 from 4 gets in. No reason why that can't be us if we get our best players back.

I'm not sure we have what it takes to get in the playoffs, let alone winning them. We seem to choke everytime we have a great opportunity... what Brown said about certain players not wanting to go up could well be true!

I don't think it's going to happen this season, but only because of Lenny's suspension and the injuries to key players. If we'd had our first choice 11 for the last 2 games I believe we'd have won them both and would now be 5th (at least).

Both Chesterfield and Shrewsbury won yesterday. I think we'll do well to get two points from those two away fixtures. I do think that we'll beat both MK Dons and Bury at home though. So, will 7 or 8 points giving us a total of 73 or 74 be enough.....?

Now that Scunthorpe have started winning it's really only Millwall that we can overhaul to scrape into the play-offs. Millwall should beat both Oxford and Northampton at home, but they may well struggle to get anything from their away fixtures at Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers. So they'll gain 6 points giving them a total of 73 and it could be down to goal difference in the end......

Sadly , and although we won the match in question , I think Lennys red card was the defining moment of our season.

So what's the latest "out-time" for Coker, Ranger and Wordsworth ? Sorely missed to give us the cutting edge
Coker was two weeks from midweek so would assume he'll be back for Shrewsbury.
Ranger doesn't seem to be clear yet, but can't see him playing two games in four days at the weekend if he's fit for then.
Wordsworth isn't clear either but didn't seem to be too bad yesterday so hopefully will be back for Chesterfield.

Not forgetting Lennie of course :blush:
Chesterfield will be his last game of his suspension so will be back for MK Dons.

I'd say 60% no, 40% yes.

We're out of form, missing a number of key players like Coker, Leonard, Ranger, even if they only miss one or two games, we can't afford to slip up again now.

That said, given that we were favourites to be going down in September, I wouldn't rule us out. Only takes a slight blip from Millwall and all our remaining fixtures are (on paper) winnable.

Is form basis points only or performance ? Because from a performance I disagree, we were excellent , specially second half vs Bolton , yesterday I agree was a different kettle of fish.

For me it's 50/50 .. get a result net Friday , Lennie back refreshed for the last 3 games ... we still have a good can feel in this run in !

Is form basis points only or performance ? Because from a performance I disagree, we were excellent , specially second half vs Bolton , yesterday I agree was a different kettle of fish.

For me it's 50/50 .. get a result net Friday , Lennie back refreshed for the last 3 games ... we still have a good can feel in this run in !
Wasn't at Bolton so can't comment on the performance, but fear that the psychological impact of back to back defeats and dropping out of the top 6 could have an impact, especially if we are still missing the key players who would boost confidence.

At the moment we have no idea if Wordsworth, Ranger or White have a chance of being fit for next weekend. We know Inniss and Smith are probably out for the season and Coker may play again. Walton can play on Friday - we may have to get someone else for Monday. Leonard is missing Friday.

I think we will lose another game before the end of the season and that will be it. I don't think we can win a game without Ranger playing. I think the Dons with Stuart O'Keefe will turn us over on Monday. Two games in four days will be too much for most.

At the moment we have three fit defenders - one of whom most people think can't defend and another who struggles with fitness anyway.

If we had a full strength squad then yes we will finish top 6 - but given that the injury list is growing it's a 'no' from me :-(

Walton can play on Friday - we may have to get someone else for Monday.
The only reason we wouldn't have Walton is if Smith is fit enough to play or for some reason Brighton get an injury and refuse to allow us to have him any longer, which would only add to our rotten luck.

No. We need Millwall to have a bad game or two. Potentially, that game against Bristol Rovers could be huge. Our fixtures are kind as Chesterfield are all but down and Shrewsbury could by the time we play them. But, we tend to struggle against lower teams. MK Dons are playing for nothing. We need to target 6/6 from home at the least.

Back