• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Play up Pompey on Tuesday!

Stuart W

A word to the wise is enough
I am just praying that Pompey win their cup replay on Tuesday and so our match on Feb 16th is postponed.

Firstly, because despite the porkies coming from the club about players like Demetriou, Lennon and possibly Kiernan being ready by the end of January, they clearly were not, and I would wager they still won't be ready in two weeks. As for Bunn, Hyam, Oxley.......April maybe?

Anyway, the second reason, is that a four week break from Roots Hall is something we all need. Who here can honestly say they have enjoyed any home games recently?
I have seen more happy faces in the dentist waiting room, and more atmosphere in Leigh Library.

I see Powell has said that the team looked 'nervous, edgy and afraid'. He would have seen that in spades in the West Stand today.

I am just praying that Pompey win their cup replay on Tuesday and so our match on Feb 16th is postponed.

Firstly, because despite the porkies coming from the club about players like Demetriou, Lennon and possibly Kiernan being ready by the end of January, they clearly were not, and I would wager they still won't be ready in two weeks. As for Bunn, Hyam, Oxley.......April maybe?

Anyway, the second reason, is that a four week break from Roots Hall is something we all need. Who here can honestly say they have enjoyed any home games recently?
I have seen more happy faces in the dentist waiting room, and more atmosphere in Leigh Library.

I see Powell has said that the team looked 'nervous, edgy and afraid'. He would have seen that in spades in the West Stand today.
Not to mention we’ll have our pants pulled down on midday Sky Sports for all to see!

Up until now I've been very much hoping for a QPR win, but after today I can't help but feel you're right. If we can put off another home defeat for a while then it's a bonus.

I'd rather they lost, & we play them as scheduled. They seem to be going through a 'dodgy spell' at present, lost their top of the table position & have only won 1 out of their last 6 games ( FA Cup inc ).

I'd rather they lost, & we play them as scheduled. They seem to be going through a 'dodgy spell' at present, lost their top of the table position & have only won 1 out of their last 6 games ( FA Cup inc ).

Not as dodgy as ours which to be fair has been going on for the majority of the season

Agreed. We had this last time when we had that Bolton match called off and by the time it was played, they were on a promotion run-in push and hyped up for the match.

Don’t think Ron will be saying that when he’s got bills to pay!

Agree we seem a much happier team away from home.

As the team are "nervous edgy and afraid ". perhaps we would not lose out much , if the youngsters were given more time. Thats the position we are in given the hopeless transfer window, bringing on the youngster is now our default position according to Management. Could we be less consistent anyway? Do they play with less fear?

QPR 1-0 up at the moment - have a friend who is a season ticket holder there and he said they had put out a strong team.

Indeed! And they have a tie against Man City in the next round, how incredible for their supporters. And great to see a small club get some £££ coming their way.

Just hope Pep shows them so respect and plays a strong side, I know they have Europe /Premier etc but be good to show them total respect and go for the goal fest
Plus my FFL football team is made up of six Man City Players

Back