• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Played 67 Lost 44 Drawn 15 Won 8

I get annoyed with Roy McDonough, he's always banging on about how he should be managing the team. But he's spent the last 20 years on his backside in Spain. No coaching badges, no contacts, just seems to think that because he's a self-proclaimed "hard nut" who likes to drink 16 pints in a session and shag some birds, that should qualify him to manage a football league club. I have read his book and if he hasn't exaggerated half of it I am Dolly Parton.

Unfortunately there seems to be an element of our support mostly present on Facebook that agrees with him presumably the same people who think anyone who shouts a lot on the touchline and gives people a bollocking without any social skills whatsoever would make a top, top manager. Sure, a great player for us in his time. But if he thinks he could be a manager now, he's a relic.

I know. And some people think the game has moved on too much to re-employ Tilson.

Saturday afternoon I wandered into the lounge to overhear Jeff Stelling, on soccer saturday, saying something about a goal against Stevenage. He added 'just 2 wins in 42 for Stevenage'. I thought we were bad, we have competition. I've done a comparison over the last 46 league games for a full season:

Southend: W 5 D 9 L 32
Stevenage: W 4 D 17 L 25

They lose less than us but I cannot believe there is a team out there that has won less games than us over the past 14 or so months. We're playing them at the start of December, dare I say we start a game as favourites?!?

Saturday afternoon I wandered into the lounge to overhear Jeff Stelling, on soccer saturday, saying something about a goal against Stevenage. He added 'just 2 wins in 42 for Stevenage'. I thought we were bad, we have competition. I've done a comparison over the last 46 league games for a full season:

Southend: W 5 D 9 L 32
Stevenage: W 4 D 17 L 25

They lose less than us but I cannot believe there is a team out there that has won less games than us over the past 14 or so months. We're playing them at the start of December, dare I say we start a game as favourites?!?
Three ex-Blues there currently: Alex Revell is now the manager,Ben Coker is avoiding further injuries and ,unsurprisingly, playing well.Luke Plodder has already been dropped.

Seems to be the same recurring dance routine for SUFC. Non-payment of taxes, players, staff....very poor recruitment, general mismanagement. Ron can’t leave the club until he has cashed out his property deal....
Spot on Smudger, your analysis is the plain truth, sad to say.
By the way I am A Smudger too!
Bahrain sounds nice, can I come and stay?

Back