• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Played 67 Lost 44 Drawn 15 Won 8

Having watched the games in the National League should we be relegated this team would struggle again, been watching since 1966 and by far the worst team to wear the blue shirts.
The National League is certainly not an easy one to play in and definitely a hard one to get out of, as many former league teams have/are finding.
The ramifications of relegation are huge and in our perilous current situation I cannot see the club surviving.

No, that's not the plan. He could have done that years ago and saved himself millions of pounds in the process. That has never been the plan.

I didn’t say it was his plan - it would have had to be one hell of a long game if it was! I was responding to “no property deal if we drop out of the EFL.” If the club goes bust then I guess the restricted covenant goes with it...?

Sorry Smudger, I think our record is worse than you think. I haven't gone back as far as you, only to our New Year's Day win in 2019 against Gillingham, and our record since then is as follows:-
In league games, P63 W7 D15 L41, of which our home record is
P31 W4 D6 L21.

Including cup games (if I must), the total games record becomes
P73 W9 D15 L49.

A breathtakingly bad 95 weeks.......

Its pretty scary that bond and sol have a better win record then MM in a league below having bought 8 of his players in...

Not really when you consider that Bond and/or Sol both had the likes of Humphrys, Milligan, Cox, Mantom, Kiernan, Hopper etc. Not really sure you can compare their squads with the youth team MM inherited (which was of course two weeks behind the rest of the division in terms of fitness) and being under a transfer embargo which may not have stopped him bringing players in but he had to do more work than most to do so, and some had to wait until after the season started, and hadn't played for six months+.

MM may have brought in 8 players but of course three of those have been injured and ANG has had to be eased in.

I'm not happy with the way we have started but the situation MM came into is as bleak as I have ever known it and it was always going to take some time.

Sorry Smudger, I think our record is worse than you think. I haven't gone back as far as you, only to our New Year's Day win in 2019 against Gillingham, and our record since then is as follows:-
P31 W4 D6 L21.

P73 W9 D15 L49.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Sick:

P31 W4 D6 L21.

P73 W9 D15 L49.

Breaking it down by season - and I'll include the Gillingham one just because it's tidier to go from 1 January than 12 January, not that it makes it look much better - show how results are degenerating:

01/01/2019 - 04/05/2019:
P20 W4 D6 L11 F25 A37 - 18 Pts (0.86 PPG)

2019-20 season:
P35 W4 D7 L24 F39 A85 - 19 Pts (0.54 PPG)

2020-21 season:
P8 W0 D2 L6 F4 A18 - 2 Pts (0.25 PPG)

Overall:
P64 W8 D15 L41 F68 A140 - 39 Pts (0.61 PPG)

Here's a couple of charts, of our points and league positions over the last 4 seasons:

1603803752871.png

1603803765295.png

I guess at least those straight horizontal lines look nice and tidy...

P31 W4 D6 L21.

P73 W9 D15 L49.

Bury have more wins that time frame and they haven't played for 17 months

P31 W4 D6 L21.

P73 W9 D15 L49.

Hi Stu - my record of shame starts in August 2019 - the beginning of the 2019/20 season. Interesting to record that we were in freefall even before this point though.
How Ron thinks it’s all everyone else’s fault is completely beyond me.....

Not really when you consider that Bond and/or Sol both had the likes of Humphrys, Milligan, Cox, Mantom, Kiernan, Hopper etc. Not really sure you can compare their squads with the youth team MM inherited (which was of course two weeks behind the rest of the division in terms of fitness) and being under a transfer embargo which may not have stopped him bringing players in but he had to do more work than most to do so, and some had to wait until after the season started, and hadn't played for six months+.

MM may have brought in 8 players but of course three of those have been injured and ANG has had to be eased in.

I'm not happy with the way we have started but the situation MM came into is as bleak as I have ever known it and it was always going to take some time.
Well MM hasnt won a single game so it is worse.

Last edited:
Breaking it down by season - and I'll include the Gillingham one just because it's tidier to go from 1 January than 12 January, not that it makes it look much better - show how results are degenerating:

01/01/2019 - 04/05/2019:

2019-20 season:

2020-21 season:

Overall:

Here's a couple of charts, of our points and league positions over the last 4 seasons:

View attachment 13144

View attachment 13145

so what the points graph show is that we have been for the past few seasons very slow starters and with a win tonight wouldn't be far off or equal to the 1st 2 seasons shown. Some hope then with players coming back that we can kick on in November and we can all look back at this moment and have a good old chuckle !!! :Smile2:

so what the points graph show is that we have been for the past few seasons very slow starters and with a win tonight wouldn't be far off or equal to the 1st 2 seasons shown. Some hope then with players coming back that we can kick on in November and we can all look back at this moment and have a good old chuckle !!! :Smile2:
Have you been at the cooking sherry again?

01/01/2019 - 04/05/2019:

2019-20 season:

2020-21 season:

Overall:

View attachment 13144

View attachment 13145

lets see Chris Whitty explain this one

The National League is certainly not an easy one to play in and definitely a hard one to get out of, as many former league teams have/are finding.
The ramifications of relegation are huge and in our perilous current situation I cannot see the club surviving.

Just look at Wrexham.

Easily the 3rd biggest club in wales and way bigger than any club in the area.

They have struggled big time since leaving the EFL Even Stockport County for that matter.

Both clubs have been consistently up the top in terms of attendance.

but have not returned since their departure.

Back