• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Player advice

Crabby Shrimper

President
Hi, just been having a look at my squad, and I've got one stand out player.

His rating is three times that of my next highest rated player, and four times any beyond that however his wages are also four times that of any other player. I'm at the moment considering whether he's worth keeping (he's pretty useful at my level) or whether I'd be better off selling and re-investing in a couple of new players.

His details are as follows...

Plays For: Deleven
Nationality: India
Dual Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 274,127 (+7613)
Wages: £87,160 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None
Stamina: mediocre
Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: respectable
Concentration: elite
Bowling: worthless
Consistency: miraculous
Fielding: abysmal

averages...

OD

Batting M I R n.o. Ave SR HS C st 50s 100s
Season 2 2 4 1 4.00 57.14 3* 0 0 0 0
Career 240 93 1959 37 34.98 77.74 93 370 71 14 0

BT20

Season - -
Career 108 37 901 12 36.04 132.11 96* 154 20 6 0

FC

Season 1 1 113 1 - 115.31 113* 7 0 0 1
Career 133 149 8806 29 73.38 66.56 407 470 79 44 25

Basically, my main question would be, roughly what would I expect to get on the transfer market for him?

Secondly, is it better generally to have one very good player, or a more even balance throughout the squad?

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

he's so old! stamina is only mediocre, i dont know about value, but it won't be much. his values are skewed as well. id get rid.

Probably better off sacking him and freeing up the wages you wont be able to get any money for him I dont think, your paying for the really high secondary's he's got! Balanced teams are the way forward mate.

Cheers all. He's done well for me, but I did worry that he was taking up far too much of the wage bill. Time to get rid

Why on earth were you wasting nets training a 30+ player? A massive waste, shouldn't train anyone above 25 really unless you want to bump the secondary a level or two.

Respectable primary will mean nobody will buy so definitely fire before the finance update and save some money. Looks from your team that you have no trainees so where are you using your nets?

Back