• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

nicko1710

Nice to see Tommo signing for another year, club stood by him through his injury last year and he has repaid that faith. With Bentley and Payne they have been offered contracts but turned them down, Bentley has given us 2 years and probably deserves a chance at higher level but im disappointed in Payne, this season he has been given his chance and after an iffy start has started to shine, and now he doesnt wanna now ... sign of the times unfortunately

Nice to see Tommo signing for another year, club stood by him through his injury last year and he has repaid that faith. With Bentley and Payne they have been offered contracts but turned them down, Bentley has given us 2 years and probably deserves a chance at higher level but im disappointed in Payne, this season he has been given his chance and after an iffy start has started to shine, and now he doesnt wanna now ... sign of the times unfortunately
Agree 100%, Payne has been awesome in patches this season with more consistency following Christmas ... But at the first opportunity he looks to fill his pockets and go! Terrible decision IMO. Just look what happened to Kane Ferdinand! At least we got a few quid for him

Yep - I must say i am pretty disillusioned with Jack Payne, he has gone down in my estimation, is it greed that he is going.

I think he came up through the youth scheme, which means SUFC have given him a chance and SUFC have invested good money in him, with the hope that he will repay them one day when he makes the first team, not leave at the first chance he has and to let some other club reap the benefit that SUFC has paid for.

When i take on apprentices i want them to remain loyal to me, as i am investing in them to benefit my company for the future, not to invest in them so that when they come out of their time they can go self employed and benefit a competitor of mine.

Snr.

I'm with all you guys, Bentley has done things right and will be remembered by the fans fondly. Jack had a few good games and didn't really give a monkeys, in years to come he wont be remembered fondly. I think the fans have every right to be disappointed. It happens all the time in football, I'm not gonna be one of those fans who spouts hatred and rubbish like that is just childish. I just think he had a chance to be something at this club and leave with all fans adulation and best wishes. Now personally I really dont care and wont hold him in the same esteem as most ex shrimpers

Yep - I must say i am pretty disillusioned with Jack Payne, he has gone down in my estimation, is it greed that he is going.

I think he came up through the youth scheme, which means SUFC have given him a chance and SUFC have invested good money in him, with the hope that he will repay them one day when he makes the first team, not leave at the first chance he has and to let some other club reap the benefit that SUFC has paid for.

When i take on apprentices i want them to remain loyal to me, as i am investing in them to benefit my company for the future, not to invest in them so that when they come out of their time they can go self employed and benefit a competitor of mine.

Snr.

But everyone wants to earn more money? Whether it be a footballer or a tradesman, that's life surely?

Loyalty works both ways. I'm disappointed at Payne's decision but you can bet if he'd underperformed this year we'd be packing him on his way pretty quickly.

Another season here would have been much better for him. After all he has only had something like 75 appearances in professional football.....

Whatever we think, Jack's done nothing wrong. He's behaved perfectly well, having just scooped all 3 awards at the Trust's End of Season awards this evening, saying some very nice words about what the Trust's support of the Youth team has meant to him personally.

Every young footballer wants to improve themselves, Jack's seen his contract out, given his all whenever he's played and is entitled to move on if that is what he (and his agent) feel is best. Doesn't really matter what we think, although I am also in the camp of feeling it's a season too soon.

I don't blame him at all.

Payne's running before he can walk. He's not even had a full season in the team here

Whatever we think, Jack's done nothing wrong. He's behaved perfectly well, having just scooped all 3 awards at the Trust's End of Season awards this evening, saying some very nice words about what the Trust's support of the Youth team has meant to him personally.

Every young footballer wants to improve themselves, Jack's seen his contract out, given his all whenever he's played and is entitled to move on if that is what he (and his agent) feel is best. Doesn't really matter what we think, although I am also in the camp of feeling it's a season too soon.

Sending PB an email showed his immaturity. Have the stones to have that conversation face to face.

Totally agree Kay.
I am in the camp in the feeling that it is season too soon and in reality he would have benefited from another season but unfortunately I beleive he has had his head turned and if he does not keep tabs of everything that is going on he will fade into the wilderness.
That said aside I wish him all the best as he comes across as a lovely lad

Thought PB said it was Jacks agent that sent the email, would be surprised these days if a player would do that.
Does it really make a difference who sent the email? It still came from Payne, the agent didn't send it on his own accord.

I guess it's a bit like going to a company, getting qualifications and training and then clearing off to another company with skills and qualifications you have picked up

Back