• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who has been our best player so far this season?

• Total voters

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Amongst all the doom and gloom of two consecutive heavy home defeats, let's remember that it has been a superb season so far and most of us would have bitten your hand off if offered 7th at the start of 2016. That said, we were discussing today how there hasn't particularly been one player who has stood out as in past seasons.

Obviously, Dan has single handedly won us points at times, but he's also made some errors, including today.

Jack Payne has been superb in recent weeks but as many have said, he hasn't been consistently superb throughout the whole season.

Other than those 2, most of the squad, with the exception of Coker, White and Leonard, have been rotated a lot.

Poll has a maximum of 20 options, so have left out Ted, O'Neill, Rea on the basis of fewest starts.

So who would get your vote for the best player so far this season?

Lenny for me. He's been the most consistent player all season and chipped in with some goals too. That's without all the Justin Beiber stuff of course!

Amongst all the doom and gloom of two consecutive heavy home defeats, let's remember that it has been a superb season so far and most of us would have bitten your hand off if offered 7th at the start of 2016. That said, we were discussing today how there hasn't particularly been one player who has stood out as in past seasons.

Obviously, Dan has single handedly won us points at times, but he's also made some errors, including today.

Jack Payne has been superb in recent weeks but as many have said, he hasn't been consistently superb throughout the whole season.

Other than those 2, most of the squad, with the exception of Coker, White and Leonard, have been rotated a lot.

Poll has a maximum of 20 options, so have left out Ted, O'Neill, Rea on the basis of fewest starts.

So who would get your vote for the best player so far this season?
I know I will get slaughtered for this, but Noel hunt for me, head and shoulders above the rest in terms of touch ability and reading of the game....

I wanted to pick Thommo after the way he came back into the side and has developed, last couple of games may have changed my mind.

Leonard has to be out most consistent player so far. Still think there is more to come from him though in this division.

The poll shows though how much Brown uses his squad and rotates. Even though we are 7th there have been fairly few stand out performers.

Went for Payne, not sure if its just because his been the most improved player or just because his stood out in the recent games. Lenny is in with a shout, but that may be just because his in the squad more then anyone other player seems to be. Thompson would've been a good shout but last couple of games have knocked him down the pecking order. I honestly think if he wouldn't of picked up the injury Deegan would have been one of the stand out players for us. Was in superb form beforehand.

pretty close between Coker and Leonard for me. I went with Coker as Leonard started off slightly more slowly while I think Coker has been pretty good all season.

those for me are the two stand out performers this season

Who the **** voted Mooney? Surely a joke or maybe Jonny stokes on a wind up?

Wow, interesting that Mr Mooney is on here, any idea what his "Nom de Web" maybe?

If Luggy was "A wee birdee" then what is Mooney's?

My weak and feeble guess is "Attack Force Zero".

Back