• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
I've got nothing against Barker winning player of the season but I feel for Barry Corr. To have scored 20 goals before today and be overlooked for at least 3rd place is shocking in my opinion.

Was a different story when Eastwood scored that many in this league.

Have to say that Grant beating Corr is criminal

Have got to agree with this, Grant had a good start to the season and scored a few but since the postponements over Christmas he's been awful, one of our worst players in many games in my opinion, whereas Corr started slowly and has finished the season superbly. Corr deserved at least third.

We had the same conversation, poor guy must wonder what he has to do, even today people were still on his back, not sure what some people expect.
Personally, would have voted Corr, Hall Mohsni/Barker.

Last edited:
yeah i feel for barry, he was unfortunate that this year there was quite a few conteders. most year you know or have a damn good idea who get it but this year i thought there was at least 3 who could easily had won. shows we've come a long way since the beginning of the season.

Really? What was being said?

Well every time his passing or his shooting was not 100% a few behind were generally berating him - just think both he and Blair get a raw deal - but that said it is the minority and people are entitled to voice their views - but think some have a go just for the hell of it.
Must admit it probably took me until the turn of the year to really appreciate all he positives that both Corr & Blair amongst others, bring to the team.
Looking forward to next season already with anticipation.:clap:

I've got nothing against Barker winning player of the season but I feel for Barry Corr. To have scored 20 goals before today and be overlooked for at least 3rd place is shocking in my opinion.

Completely agree, Grant has been good in places this season, but he hasn't been consistently good. Corr has scored 20 goals this season, and has been a great player for us this season, and in my opinion, far more deserving of 3rd place than Grant.

I blame BarnaBlue. :smiles:

At least by not getting player of the year, its much less likely that Barry will be leaving...

I voted for Barker, Hall second for me with his performances since turn of the year and Corr in third spot with his haul.

Grant - no way, I would walk him to a new club if they offered us a decent amount for him in the summer.

My only (main) criticism of Corr is he is always offside. Think there was at least 4/5 times in the 2nd. Its just lazy and bugs me to death!

Another thing I admire about Corr is how he's played through the pain a lot this season. Including today when he had a knock on his knee.

But Corr doesn't have Freddy's flair does he and that's probably the reason, completely different types of players.

Have to say that Grant beating Corr is criminal
Yes, agreed, I didn't actually hear who was 3rd (you can't distinguish a lot of what is said over the loudspeakers where we sit), but had expected it to be Corr or Hall in 2nd and 3rd. Right player won though as far as I was concerned, Barker's been an absolute rock all season.

Corr and Eastwood are completely different players. Corr isn't fashionable enough, he doesn't come across as a talented player even though he has scored 21 goals. Eastwood could do everything, he scored spectacular goals, got the fans off their feet. Corr is just a poacher and a targetman, he's one of those players who'll do nothing all game then pop up with an important goal. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been in the top 3, he should've been 2nd in my opinion, but you can't really compare him to Eastwood. I think Corr is fairly popular with the fans, he has his own chant and I was very surprised to read that Grant got 3rd. To score 21 goals and not be in the top 3 is outrageous, I'd like to know how many people voted this year. I think having it all done by text might exclude some older fans.

Grant has been **** the second half of the season, so the fact he came 3rd is wrong, IMO!
Consistent players should be in that category, Corr is one of those. I like Barker, but don't think he's as good as people make out.

Barker is our best defender by a mile...

Corr has had a cracking season, but cant see him hitting 20 goals again. As a targetman, I would accept 12-15 from him as long as we have a decent player alongside him netting the 20 goals. Someone with pace who plays of the shoulder of the last defender.

Back