• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Player of the year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
So it's that time again to vote for your player of the year. I believe it's been a defender 4 of the last 5 seasons, will it be another this season? There isn't one outstanding candidate this season but for me there's 4 contenders - Cresswell, Hurst, Tomlin and Corr. Cresswell has been our best defender, generally been very solid and a great signing. Has also chipped in with a few goals and deservedly been identified as captain by Brown. Hope the rumours of him being "homesick" are rubbish. A couple of below-par games here and there and a silly red card at Accrington but overall a fine season.

As for Hurst, I doubt he still does but at one point in the season he had the most assists in England. He's pretty much filled the large hole left by Hall and has certainly been our main source of creativity this season. A good character to have around and has scored some brilliant goals. Has been quiet since Brown took over though.

Tomlin: joint top-scorer with Britt and has been a very good partner for young Britt. We missed him noticeably when he was out of the team. Took a while to get going on the goals front but the effort and all-round play has been there all season. SUSCT Player of the Month 3 times.

Corr: like many on here, I never expected him to reach the heights of the 10/11 season after his injury but he's proved us all wrong. Has never let us down whenever he's been in the side, you know what you're gonna get with Barry and he's proved how useful having a big battering ram of a centre forward still is in League 2. A goals return of 13 in 41 appearances (only 18 of them have been starts) isn't bad at all and some of them been important goals. Has certainly been one our best players of the 2nd half of the season, arguably our best. Also deserves a mention for his stint at centre-back against Northampton.

After much deliberation, I'm going for a 1-2-3 of Tomlin, Hurst and Cresswell. Corr just misses out as he didn't play much part in the first half of the season and has been in and out of the team. Honourable mentions also go to Clohessy, Britt and Prosser, who could stake claims for the award.

I think Tomlin. Scored some amazing goals at times and been great too watch. Shame to see him go if he does as he has been the best player I think at times.

You seem to have missed John Spicer off the list - he has made the biggest contribution by being nowhere near the 1st team for most of the season!

Cresswell or clohessy for me. Been poor of late but overall they edge it

I think it'll be another defender, and that Cressy will just nudge out Sean as Mark Phillips did last year. Tomlin in 3rd for me.

Cant be Barry Corr for me because he hasnt been a regular.

Choice between Clohessey and Cresswell and Ive gone with Clohessey.

I think Tomlin. Scored some amazing goals at times and been great too watch. Shame to see him go if he does as he has been the best player I think at times.

For me, Tomlin has to be the winner. Forget your Cresswells and your Clohessy's, Tomlin has made the difference this season and we have missed him the most when he hasn't been playing.

Easy there has only been one ever present piece of quality in our dire team all year mr clohessy . others like corr britt an tomlin have been good but never as consistant for me.

Shouldn't we rename it this season to "Player for half of the year" for when we were performing and had a couple of stand out players! Time to take a look through and get nominating!

Clohessy for sheer consistency as per usual - added pens to his locker too

In close contention, I would say Barry Corr....he changes games for us, has scored some important goal and most of all he has shown a desire and passion to come back from the verge of retirement. Shame some of the more gifted players do not have his heart.

Notable mentions - Tomlin for his run of goals and we misssed him when he was injured, Prosser for having a steady campaign and Cresswell for his goals at the start.

Back