• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Player of the yeart

Player of the yeart -

• Leon Cort

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drewe

• Leon Constantine

• Mark Gower

• Kevin Maher

• Daryl Flahavan

• Mark Warren

• Lewis Hunt

• Jay Smith

• Duncan Jupp

• Total voters
whos this years player of the season?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??

Constantine!!! No questions asked 23 goals it's as simple as that. We'd be getting out the map to Leigh RMI if it weren't for this little beauty!
biggrin.gif
Gower 2nd, Maher 3rd

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 14 2004,22:17)]Constantine!!! No questions asked 23 goals it's as simple as that. We'd be getting out the map to Leigh RMI if it weren't for this little beauty!
biggrin.gif
 Gower 2nd, Maher 3rd
Good point!

I agree that without Constantines goals we would have been in a much worse situation. This is undeniable, however with the exception of the last two games (huddersfield and darlington) (a credit to the way the team are playing now under tilson in contrast to how they played under wignall) Without maher in the team the rest of the team simply dont seem to function as well and this is emphasised in games such as yeovil away and doncaster at home and great performances in games like colchester away in the LDV all indicate that no-one else should get the player of the year and maher deserves it.
UP THE BLUES!!!!!

Come on lads and ladies, Mark Warren has to be! been solid defencive parner 4 cort and  has show great composure, and fight 4 da cause etc. everything u want from a defender, so vote 4 him!

Ive gone for Constantine, as mentioned already his goals have kept us in this league, to make sure we don't have to play Canvey next year. Hes even been scoring goals out wide on the right, without moaning, and at the start of the season he couldn't even get in the team. But i also believe Maher has come on leaps and bounds this season, so it would surprise me if he won it.
Is it just me, or is people's spelling getiing worse and worse on this site.
rock.gif

Connie might have put the ball in the net 24 times, but Mark Gower is the one who created most of those chances. A class above the rest of the squad and one of the best players in this division.

Connie in second just ahead of Maher.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 14 2004,23:17)]Constantine!!! No questions asked 23 goals it's as simple as that. We'd be getting out the map to Leigh RMI if it weren't for this little beauty!
biggrin.gif
Gower 2nd, Maher 3rd
You sure you don't want to hold fire, Shrimpboy? If you run true to form, your next post will demonstrate a total u-turn on your thinking.

Come to think of it... it was probably your alter ego that voted for Drewe.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Menacy_Moleman @ April 14 2004,23:00)]Come on lads and ladies, Mark Warren has to be! been solid defencive parner 4 cort and  has show great composure, and fight 4 da cause etc. everything u want from a defender, so vote 4 him!
Valid points but this is player of the season we are talking about. With the greatest respect Warren has been outstanding for the last three months not the last eight.

That left me with Connie, Gower and Maher with solid claims for all three. I didn't just press Captain Kev for the sheer hell of it. Gower has been a revelation at times and Connie's goalscoring record speaks for itself.

But, as a result of an entire season's graft for a player that is hardly a crowd favourite and someone who's name rarely gets a chant before kick-off (lesser men would have walked away long before now), it's Maher for me.

THIS IS NOT ANOTHER ANTI MAHER POST

But, do you honestly think Maher has being consistently excellent? I can count about 3 games where I walked away from them and thought yeah Maher was superb today. He should be putting these sort of performances in week in week out.

McSweeney about the first 10 games of the season lead the vote for me but he went right off the boil and that leaves my decision between Constantine, Gower and Warren (who in all honesty has only really turned it on in the last 1/3 of the season).

But there's only one candidate and that's Connie. I'm the first to say he offers f**k all to the team apart from goals, but that's a hell of an ability and for his 20+ strikes this season he's gotta get the trophy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 15 2004,09:35)]I'm the first to say he offers f**k all to the team apart from goals, but that's a hell of an ability and for his 20+ strikes this season he's gotta get the trophy.
That says it all really.

Some people would argue that he does offer SOMETHING more to the team than just goals (not much more maybe), but when the worse you can say about a player is "He does f**k all but score 20+ goals that keep us up and help us on a good cup run or two", then surely he's gotta be up there.

Connie for me, i have to agree that his 23 Goals this season have been the difference between a possible mid table finish and a dirty relegation fight.

Maher is a close second for a very consistantly good season, with smatterings of excellence.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 15 2004,08:35)]But, do you honestly think Maher has being consistently excellent? I can count about 3 games where I walked away from them and thought yeah Maher was superb today.
Dave,

Can I suggest next season you try sitting in the South or West where the sun doesn't get in your eyes.
laugh.gif

Back