• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Player pulls a knife

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
So my friend Paul B is refereeing a local match between between Heroes and the Railway Academicals in Southend. There was a minor confrontation between two players. After play had re-started, one of them went to the touchline briefly and came back onto the pitch. There was a lot of shouting from both players and spectators and he was quickly surrounded. A knife ended up on the ground. Paul was handed the knife by a spectator and was forced to give the player a red card, and abandon the game. Blimey, it was only punch ups in my day.

Out of interest, which FA law does this infringe?

A spokesman for the Essex FA said: “We are investigating a misconduct report submitted by the referee of a match which took place on Saturday, March 9 in the Southend area.

“As this report was specific regarding the abandonment of the match, we are raising a charge against the individual involved and will be placing an Interim Suspension Order against them until such time as the case is considered.”

The police are involved as well.

Out of interest, which FA law does this infringe?

Law 4

A player is cautioned if guilty of:

entering, re-entering or deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission

He didn’t ask the referee’s permission to leave the pitch to pick up the knife

Considering the amount of deaths already this year through knife crime can I just ask, why the jokes and humour?

Considering the amount of deaths already this year through knife crime can I just ask, why the jokes and humour?

Because this is a football forum not Mums Against Knife Crime.

If some local attention seeking idiot runs on a football pitch then he deserves to be mocked.

I can remember playing for parsons barn on Saturdays years ago, when my team mate got sent off through no fault but his own, walked off into the changing rooms then reappeared a few minutes later with a hammer and went after a few of the opposition and the ref, took four of us to get him back off the pitch, those were the days:Cool:

Epitomises the current state of society.

Another kid stabbed to death in London on the news this morning, this time in Fulham.

It’s only a matter of time until it becomes frequent place in the home countries. Southend High Street is no longer a nice place to walk, especially after shop closing time. I also heard that the new housing eatate in Rochford is part owned by Newham, one of the most deprived areas in London, and so they’ll be shipping yet more scumbags down to our county.

Epitomises the current state of society.

Another kid stabbed to death in London on the news this morning, this time in Fulham.

It’s only a matter of time until it becomes frequent place in the home countries. Southend High Street is no longer a nice place to walk, especially after shop closing time. I also heard that the new housing eatate in Rochford is part owned by Newham, one of the most deprived areas in London, and so they’ll be shipping yet more scumbags down to our county.

Yes.In the same street where Jill Dando was murdered.It also happens to be a well known short cut to get to Putney Bridge tube (which I and others use) after Fulham home games.

Carrying a knife is apparently a 4 year jail term but I’ve not heard of a judge giving any sort of custodial sentence for carrying.

Back