• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Players and Managers serve 14 day notice on Southend United ?

Magnum PI

Private Detective
I just had this sent to me, although cant substantiate it. The death knell ?

25 Jun 2010 12:22:00
All 11 remaining registered Southend United players, plus manager Steve Tilson and youth manager Ricky Duncan have served 14 day notice on the football club stating their intention to terminate their contracts, based on a legal breach of their contracts by the football club – namely lack of salary payments over an 18–month period.

Unlikely but in the current climate it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest

I heard the same earlier...as I said in answer to FBM earlier we are but two mins away from disaster. There is no money and unless we can get a windfall from the sell on's from that Ginger ****** or Hooper or unless Sainsbury's save us I fear we are gone.

I heard the same earlier...as I said in answer to FBM earlier we are but two mins away from disaster. There is no money and unless we can get a windfall from the sell on's from that Ginger ****** or Hooper or unless Sainsbury's save us i fear we are gone.

There's reason to hope we'll get the sell on money, but as I said earlier it's likely to be later rather than sooner. Being realistic Charlton are up to their necks in debt and will have more pressing debts to pay than a sell on to SUFC. Scunthorpe may be different as they seem to have their heads above water, so they may be willing to pass on the sell on quickly, but a lot of that will come down to their deal with Boro.

I'm a bit wary about the other runour as I'm not sure how many players we have in contract. As far as O am aware Moussa & Spencer are out of contract, and we know that Scannell is on his way.

There's reason to hope we'll get the sell on money, but as I said earlier it's likely to be later rather than sooner. Being realistic Charlton are up to their necks in debt and will have more pressing debts to pay than a sell on to SUFC. Scunthorpe may be different as they seem to have their heads above water, so they may be willing to pass on the sell on quickly, but a lot of that will come down to their deal with Boro.

I'm a bit wary about the other runour as I'm not sure how many players we have in contract. As far as O am aware Moussa & Spencer are out of contract, and we know that Scannell is on his way.

Well if today's Echo is correct and Barrett and macca have still not been paid for May....RM was either forcing their hand or nobody has been paid which makes any contract worth diddly squat.

So what about Herd and Spencer (I thought had now signed a 1 year deal?).
The saddest thing about all this, is its totally believable!
Gets the wage bill down though, so its not all bad news 8-/

Will the sell on clause not automatically mean that funds will go directly to SUFC rather than to Charlton and for them to pass onto us

Will the sell on clause not automatically mean that funds will go directly to SUFC rather than to Charlton and for them to pass onto us

I think not, Boro will agree a fee and pay Charlton for Bailey, whatever agreement that SUFC have with CAFC is a separate arrangement IMO. I hope I'm wrong, but.....

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that will be right. It wouldn't be up to Charlton to pay us the monies. The thing that may complicate matters though is if the transfer is structured in such a way that Charlton don't receive the money from Boro up front. A sell-on should be bonus money, it shouldn't be relied upon to keep us afloat.

I just had this sent to me, although cant substantiate it. The death knell ?

25 Jun 2010 12:22:00
All 11 remaining registered Southend United players, plus manager Steve Tilson and youth manager Ricky Duncan have served 14 day notice on the football club stating their intention to terminate their contracts, based on a legal breach of their contracts by the football club – namely lack of salary payments over an 18–month period.

Who sent that to you or where did it come from?....Very very worring

What the what!

I will be attending a Cancer Charity cricket match which involves the Ipswich Town first team next month and I am told Roy Keane will be there.......

Is it wortwhile saying to him you might as well send down your under 15 team to play us in the pre season match as we will not have a team nor offer any real opposition at the current rate we are loosing players!

Operation or no operation there is not just Ron but a board of directors so someone must be able to say what is going on or what the plan is for the future......

I believe and hope the operation is a lobotomy in the hope there may be a marked personality change!

God help us......................

Well if today's Echo is correct and Barrett and macca have still not been paid for May....RM was either forcing their hand or nobody has been paid which makes any contract worth diddly squat.

IIRC a previous article said that "some or most" of the staff had been paid for May. As you say RM may have effectively forced their hands by effectively making their contracts null and void.

"Who sent that to you or where did it come from?....Very very worring "

a work colleague who is currently in a meeting. all his family are southend fans and are quite close to whats going on

Really don't know how much more of this we can be expected to take.

I am at the stage where I think I would be happier supporting AFC Southend in the Ryman rather than have another season of lies, mistrust and flagrant contempt shown to the supporters and the legacy of our beloved club by that trumped up little Estate Agent.

By the way RM I have been told that it was not one of your companies who subsidised the running of the club last season but a personal loan from a wealthy supporter who will remain nameless.

IIRC a previous article said that "some or most" of the staff had been paid for May. As you say RM may have effectively forced their hands by effectively making their contracts null and void.

He would not have made their contracts null and void by late/non-payment of wages. If staff have not been paid, the decision would then be for those staff whether they accept their employer's serious breach of contract as deemed termination. The choice is down to the staff as to whether they take the contract to be terminated.

So if it is true that all these staff are still claiming late payment, what happened to payment only being delayed based on the Bank Holiday and also that 95% have been paid in full. Which 95% have and which 5% haven't?

By the way RM I have been told that it was not one of your companies who subsidised the running of the club last season but a personal loan from a wealthy supporter who will remain nameless.

Did Ron claim that he was subsidising the Club last season? I thought it was pretty apparent that he wasn't able to spend a single penny on the Club in 09/10, hence all of our problems.

Back