• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Players and Managers serve 14 day notice on Southend United ?

How long before the Fraud Squad appear and take all the computers away ? That is, unless the regular burglars get there first.

Years ago if a business was in trouble there would always be a "mystery" fire.

We can't even manage a fire sale; we're giving away what little assets we have.

Presume that we can expect an official statement from the Estate Agent over the weekend then as he seems keen to get his point of view across before it gets published in the Echo.

Interesting coincidence about the computers going missing - I'd never tied that to anything suspicious before - but who knows.

Also interesting that first 2 to be released are the 2 that had the row about unpaid wages before the Brentford game.

Everything must be o.k. at Southend as the latest club statement on Page 16 of todays Echo is that vuvuzelas will not be banned at Roots Hall next season.

Superb post. Wish I had been able to express it that succinctly.

One thing to add is that the financial crisis I think has also meant that the new ground development has taken much longer than Ron would have originally planned for. We've had to re-structure the finance package and renegotiate the terms within it to assuage lenders who are now much nervier about lending. That means having to agree to things like less money up front, retail units being built before the actual ground, higher intgerest rates, shorter lending horizons. All of which also put pressure on the annual P&L. In the end RM has simply been left with too many plates to spin.

But the cost of building the stadium and everything else is a lot lower now. WE ARE SAVED!!!

Shocking if true. Guess we'll find out on the 9th, the first friendly. It'll be a long and agonizing wait.

Well when it was revealed in the Echo about Uncle Ron's incident at home (alleged, remember), I havent seen anything on the website about this issue. Surely something should have been mentioned by now about it all, just to make us feel a lot better about everything?

This is where the mystery lies. Why was there such a cover up of expenses. Lots of people on here can mention money that came in, but nobody can tell us where the money went, apart from the obvious expenses. It's those that they slipped in as broad heads that need full and open scrutiny.
You don't have to be Columbo to work out someone has been up to no good.

In my own view, our club has been sucked dry.

The 2007 expenses are broken down in the finance forum on here. There was nothing out of the ordinary in them and those both before and after that year have broadly been in line with them.

I can't say whether the whole squad + coaches have put their notice in, but I have mentioned on here a couple of times of a chance meeting with a player (who is still with as far as we know) last Thursday who had put his 14 day notice in. He said at the time no-one had been paid.

The Barrett / Macca thing didn't surprise me after this meeting, but if a Spencer / Herd / O'Keefe youthful type put in their notice what with likelihood of first team action if we don't go bust I would be a bit surprised.

I can't say whether the whole squad + coaches have put their notice in, but I have mentioned on here a couple of times of a chance meeting with a player (who is still with as far as we know) last Thursday who had put his 14 day notice in. He said at the time no-one had been paid.

The Barrett / Macca thing didn't surprise me after this meeting, but if a Spencer / Herd / O'Keefe youthful type put in their notice what with likelihood of first team action if we don't go bust I would be a bit surprised.

Wonder if it is true, that it's more of a show of unity more than anything else?

To be fair i have been calling him a second hand car dealer for about 2 years now and got so much abuse for my trouble!

As a spin merchant wiggy you are second only to ron martin!
Much of the abuse you have received on here has been for your relentless criticism of steve tilson and most of our players and the fact you kept disappearing off here every time the club went on a good run only to resurface after a defeat.

Oh ****! And now we haven't even got a **** poor england team to distract us from sufc reality!
An england side that made sufc look like brazil!

Anyone know if Brushy has received any money from us since he left?

After all Uncle Ron did say he'd be taken care of.

I just heard this, not sure if its true

I just heard this, not sure if its true.

All contract players have handed in 14 days notice, as southend fc are in breach of contract, this includes tilly.

this is not good if true.

Back