• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

cluniemore

The Wee Birdie
A wee birdie tells me the manager feels the tour is important because of the slow start last season due to the players and as a team taking time to gel . With new players comin again to the club he would like to think the trust members would understand his thoughts and vote for the tour he wants people to know this is no jolly up .This tour has importance to the build up to season . He also wants to emphasis to fans his and staffs work towards bringing new players to the club is on going .

Thanks Paul. I dont think anyone underestimates the value the tour will bring, I think it just grates on some that the clubs hierarchy have no shame at times!

I am sure we are all behind you on the tour. The fact that is annoying alot of people is the club has been so badly run that the need to ask the Trust for funds should never have arisen. Putting the other side of the argument though why should the players suffer if the management team feel this would help them get off to a flying start I for one am fully in favour of the trusts money being spent on this.

A wee birdie tells me the manager feels the tour is important because of the slow start last season due to the players and as a team taking time to gel . With new players comin again to the club he would like to think the trust members would understand his thoughts and vote for the tour he wants people to know this is no jolly up .This tour has importance to the build up to season . He also wants to emphasis to fans his and staffs work towards bringing new players to the club is on going .

Slow start? Tell that wee birdie that we got exactly the same number of points from our first 10 games as we did from our last 14. Our points per game from the first 10 games was higher than for the season as a whole.

Nothing against a tour, but asking the supporters to pay for it is something I'd expect from Ron Martin. I thought you'd have more pride.

I don't see the difference between having games up Norf or local games to get the players fit if that is what this tour is about.

Edit: nice post Mick.

I still think a tour is a great idea (no matter where it is) - not just as a change of scenery, or a fitness camp type thing, but the bonding and gelling is something you cannot get any other way in such a short space of time.

If PS has done this every year with his other clubs, then its obviously something he feels works.

I still dont think that is the issue - I'm sure 9/10 supporters would back the tour as a good idea.

And its obviously not come from PS for the supporters to pay for it, he has just suggested it to RM and its up to him to find a way to pay for it.

I f the Trust do come up with the funds, then it would be a great gesture from the club to 'give something back', in terms of something linked with the club. Whether its access to players (for fund raising matches), prizes for raffles, training days with the players - even more access at a board level. If the club did something like that, then it could appease this situation somewhat IMO.

I know it is no fault of The Trust but were the not promised a place on the board when they lent the club the 60k last year?

I have read all the various threads regarding this tour and remain amazed at the number of posters that fail to recognize how little impact the Trust`s "Fighting Fund" would actually achieve. The Club, reportedly, will lose approx £1m this year how far is the c£80k meant to go? I very much doubt it would pay the players wage bill for one month!

The Trust and its membership are important to the Club and have a significant role to play but has to be pragmatic in what it realistically can achieve and work with the Club and Management to this end. The manager clearly believes that the tour would be beneficial for the development of the squad prior to next season. Why not back his judgement and help support him as opposed to the constant sniping about "where`s the money gone", "its all Ron`s Fault" etc, etc.

Getting away on a tour, playing a number of games and training around that, clearly has benefit - two obvious ones are team spirit and fitness as well as gelling as ateam.

From a football standpoint it is the right thing to do and Scotland no doubt represents good value.

I personally would not want team preperation to suffer because of residual bad feeling around some of the financial and other pieces.

Cluniemore- sure the vast majority want to support what you believe is right- just at the moment when money/finances/contributions gets mentioned it reignites the wrong debates!

A mate of mine, and a well known Shrimper to boot, has run tours to Germany for his Saturday and Sunday sides for more years than i care to remember .. who pays??
.. the players, cos its their treat

Now as a well run successful football club i have no doubt its the club who should be paying for this trip, but we are nothing of the sort its beyond our means as a club to foot the bill, so why not ask the players to contribute ...

A mate of mine, and a well known Shrimper to boot, has run tours to Germany for his Saturday and Sunday sides for more years than i care to remember .. who pays??
.. the players, cos its their treat

Now as a well run successful football club i have no doubt its the club who should be paying for this trip, but we are nothing of the sort its beyond our means as a club to foot the bill, so why not ask the players to contribute ...

Cos you can only pay if you've been paid! :winking: :net:

Back