• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
So now the season is over and we have been promoted, let's have peoples views on what sticks out for them for different players throughout the season.

I'll start with with Prosser's last ditch tackle against Luton at home. He had come on as a sub when Coker got sent off and he was thrown in at the deep end. That tackle was just amazing and helped us get over the line with a 1-0 win

Ben Coker's tackle yesterday when everyone else had seemingly given up. Without that Pigott's goal would have been nothing more than consolation.

So so many, but Pigott's goal yesterday, although no fancy 25 yard screamer, will be stuck in the memory for a LONG time.
It was beautifully taken as well! A good reminder to the armchair prem fans that the lower leagues do exist!!

And for me, Timlins goal at Exeter was a season highlight. We were the better side by far and did everything except score that day. What made it even more special was after nine years of dragging my slightly reluctant other half to loads of away games we have lost horribly ( Leeds, Doncaster, Crewe, Stevenage to name just a few), and he had never seen us win away. So, thanks to Timms, he not only witnessed the magic of scoring a goal away from The Hall, he saw the away support on a good day, and he finally experienced the elusive away win!

Shaq (remember him?) scoring that injury time penalty to give us a 1-0 win at home to York to end a run of 3, and very nearly 4, consecutive home 0-0s.

The last two months, because the previous six months were shockingly dull

Bury away was a very special night only beaten by Stevenage second leg. But the highlight was injury time and pens from yesterday, for me yesterday topped anything else in my twenty odd years of following Southend and England home and away

And for me, Timlins goal at Exeter was a season highlight. We were the better side by far and did everything except score that day. What made it even more special was after nine years of dragging my slightly reluctant other half to loads of away games we have lost horribly ( Leeds, Doncaster, Crewe, Stevenage to name just a few), and he had never seen us win away. So, thanks to Timms, he not only witnessed the magic of scoring a goal away from The Hall, he saw the away support on a good day, and he finally experienced the elusive away win!

Cant agree with that. We were very second best at Exeter

Or 'Jack Payne, who's come up through the ranks, having the where-with-all, and bottle to tuck away his pen' with aplomb?*

*Bit of football pundit speak there. :thumbsup:

Back