• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players coming/going

Are we over reacting? Theres a new thread on the email list about player exodus' - I replied and realised that we may not miss those going if the rumoured players come in.

I think Royce is hoping a bit, but there are strong rumours. If everyone out of contract signs now and the players we expect to leave, do leave then our current side could be:-

Royce
Jupp ©
Edwards
Roget
Nicolau

Gower
Smith
Hunt
Pettefer

Dudfield
McGleish/Corbett

SUBS: Flavs, Bramble, Wilson, Broughton, Kightly

I say thats not bloody bad actually! OK, we are short on numbers, but thats not a make-shift team by any stretch.

Not all doom and gloom lads!!

I'd settle for that lot as well. I'd rather Maher and Cort stayed (although the fact they are even looking at Maher shows how far Wednesday have fallen in the last decade!), but if they don't, it's not the end of the world.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ May 22 2004,11:40)]I'd settle for that lot as well. I'd rather Maher and Cort stayed (although the fact they are even looking at Maher shows how far Wednesday have fallen in the last decade!), but if they don't, it's not the end of the world.
I'd say its a bit of both and a compliment to how well Maher has got on with his game after his early years.

We could of killed his career when (large) sections of the crowd used to boo him. I've got a lot of admiration for Kev - how he battled on when he could of easily given up like so many others.

Like I said in another thread yesterday, I would not begrudge Maher moving to Wednesday as I think it would be a great chance for him and he deserves it. Not so sure if he went to Hull, though their set-up is Div1 at least...

Maher has improved, but I'm still not a big fan. I think he goes missing too often.

Still, if he's on his way, good luck to him. I wouldn't wish him ill and a move to a big club like Wednesday would be very good for him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ May 22 2004,11:56)]Maher has improved, but I'm still not a big fan. I think he goes missing too often.

Still, if he's on his way, good luck to him. I wouldn't wish him ill and a move to a big club like Wednesday would be very good for him.
Goes missing? Watch the LDV Final and see if he went missing. He is the only player that constantly wants the ball - or wants to win it back. In all the away games and few home games I've seen this season, I've never seen him give less than 100%

Anyway, dont wanna row about it! I like Maher and think he does a good job for the team.

Have to say I was very surprised by the "goes missing" comment too. Whether you think he plays sideways, or whether you think he doesn't get forward enough, I really can't see that he goes missing. For me, one of the biggest things Maher brings to the team is that he never goes missing.

Funny, opinions eh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ May 22 2004,12:03)]Goes missing? Watch the LDV Final and see if he went missing. He is the only player that constantly wants the ball - or wants to win it back. In all the away games and few home games I've seen this season, I've never seen him give less than 100%

Anyway, dont wanna row about it! I like Maher and think he does a good job for the team.
Agree with you there - he had a decent game in Cardiff. And when he's good, he's very good (for our level that is).

But the amount of times his passes go astray, or he tries fancy stuff and it doesn't come off, just drives me nuts.

And you're right, Paul, let's not row - we both want Southend to do well after all!
smile.gif

By the way, would we get any money for Maher?

Back