• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davew

Coach
This is a general football post.

It really annoys me when players try to dishonor/ force an issue with their contracts by stating they will not play for their clubs (example Berahino, Sterling).

Of course if they can earn loads more money etc they will most probably want to go, but if the club holds the contract it's their right to tell the player to stick with it and the player must.

It's a bit awkward because some managers have also done the the same.

I think most clubs honor their side of it.

Surely if you are a player you should want to play and win (all sports)

They're young / stupid / easily led by their agents unfortunately. They don't appreciate what they've got and just want more and more. It's not like Berahino has had a gun held to his head and been told he's staying at WBA for the rest of his career or the trigger is pulled is it. I can understand the frustration of course, but, to come out and say what he did is down right stupid. He seems like a fool, apparently he's not exactly a popular member of the dressing room there anyhow.

Sadly there is very little 'honour' left in football today either from players or Managers - it's a short and tenuous career so I do understand why people chase the money and I really don't blame them.

Club owners now appear to seek instant success and will happily sack Managers if it is not forthcoming so why should a Manager show any loyalty, why should the Manager not be opportunistic if a better offer comes along?

Consequentially when a Player sees that sort of behaviour from both the Owner and the Manager then why shouldn't he behave in the same manner, why should he be loyal when others at the club are either not loyal or do not show loyalty to others?

Ask Steve Clarke about loyalty at WBA and then question why Berahino should show them any loyalty in return.

The days of the 'one club player' are probably coming to an end, and in my opinion the only real loyalty in football today is from us supporters.

Loyalty in the game has died,Tilson loyal to the end yet now coaching the ladies and working at the college,loyalty don't pay the bills at the lower end.The rich kids at the higher end are greedy beyond the realms of greed,they demand more and more whilst fans pay more and more.

Loyalty in the game has died,Tilson loyal to the end yet now coaching the ladies and working at the college,loyalty don't pay the bills at the lower end.The rich kids at the higher end are greedy beyond the realms of greed,they demand more and more whilst fans pay more and more.

I wish Steve all the best and you never know he may return somewhere (doubt it will be be SEND, while RM is in charge)

Back