• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend players of course. Mine was Keith Jones, totally over hyped IMO. I remember going to Wolves away midweek where he did next to nothing but the fans were wetting themselves everytime he went near the ball - I just couldn't understand why. I wasn't a big fan of Benji either but he wrote himself into fan folk law so I'll stick with Jones.
Don't get me wrong - I think he was a good player, just not for us.

Jonathan Hunt

I honestly can't recall him doing much

CC51DAS had a shout at 60 minutes of "Baths ready Jonathan"

Controversial but.....
Roy McDonough, poor footballer with poor attitude a worse temper and not a very good book

Jonathan Hunt

Controversial but.....
Roy McDonough, poor footballer with poor attitude a worse temper and not a very good book

wow. I loved Hunt. Scored some great goals.

Mine would be JCR - did nothing of note. Ran a bit, got lost, kicked the ball into touch.

Agree about JCR. Although he was good at taking the pressure off the defence (c.f. The Man U game).

Kevin Maher was very overrated by some.

Gary Deegan! Shave the stupid beard and wear normal shorts and no one would care.

Jonathan Hunt

Controversial but.....

Almost agree with you there apart from the 2nd leg of Southend v Spurs in the League Cup. Before he was sent off in my view he produced the complete Centre Forward performance everyone knew he had in him, but didn't show very much.

The troll within me is really tempted to say John White, and I'm sure just the mention of his name will have got OBL's attention!

Kevin Maher was very overrated by some.
Blasphemy. He was far from a great Championship player, but he was good enough and the other factors are what made him so loved.

Blasphemy. He was far from a great Championship player, but he was good enough and the other factors are what made him so loved.

The two goals he scored against Preston were quality!

.. Old Will, who once scored a goal in the Premier League.

Surely not. :winking:

JCR sprang to mind immediately though I think he divided opinion somewhat rather than it being only me.

Back