• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players for next season

Fat Bastid

Coach
From memory, I understand that the following players have contracts at least until the end of next season.

Gower
Bramble
Broughton
Dudfield
Bentley
Kightly

Is that it or are there more?

Just went on the TLG site and they have a goo article about a replacement for Darryl Flahavan (even though he is a wicked keeper) Hes name is miller and hes contract runs out at the end of the season he is 34 tall and has played around 650 league games could be a good replacement!

I'm just so relieved we have Broughton nailed down for another year. I would imagine a lot of Premier clubs have been sniffing around him.

Droooooooooooooo

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ April 27 2004,12:26)]Hes name is miller and hes contract runs out at the end of the season he is 34 tall
Is this feet or inches? if it's inches he wont come for crosses like Daryl, and if it's feet then he wont get down to the low shots too well. not looking good for the guy
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ April 27 2004,12:56)]and if it's feet then he wont get down to the low shots too well. not looking good for the guy  
sad.gif
I dunno, he could sit cross-legged in the goal and would probably cover most of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 27 2004,12:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ April 27 2004,12:56)]and if it's feet then he wont get down to the low shots too well. not looking good for the guy  
sad.gif
I dunno, he could sit cross-legged in the goal and would probably cover most of it.
Dunno about that but I'm intrigued about the goo article in TLG.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ April 27 2004,12:51)]I'm just so relieved we have Broughton nailed down for another year. I would imagine a lot of Premier clubs have been sniffing around him.

Droooooooooooooo
An ideal replacement for Ronaldo if he decides to leave Real Madrid.
smile.gif

I heard that the next presidential campaign revolves around whether they can get Drewe and Conlon.

They're apparently likely to try and offload deadwood like Figo, Zidane and Raul in order to prise them away.

Bentley
Kightly
Broughton
Bramble
Husbands
Gower
Dudfield

Thats the seven with contracts!

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 27 2004,15:53)]Bentley
Kightly
Broughton
Bramble
Husbands
Gower
Dudfield

Kev
And so far, and as far as I know, Jay Smith has been offered a new contract, and Tilly has indicated he wants to keep Lewis Hunt and Carl Pettefer.

However, Warren, Cort, Maher and Constantine are more important with regards to offering new contracts....

[b said:
Kightly
Broughton
Bramble
Husbands
Gower
Dudfield

Kev
Looks a little light in defence to me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ April 27 2004,16:50)]
[b said:
Kightly
Broughton
Bramble
Husbands
Gower
Dudfield

Kev
Although the goalkeeping situation has improved immeasurably.

Watched the reserves this afternoon and did not know that Husbands had a contract or not but guessed he had by the amount of effort he put in....ie NIL!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 27 2004,16:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ April 27 2004,16:50)]
[b said:
Kightly
Broughton
Bramble
Husbands
Gower
Dudfield

Kev
Although the goalkeeping situation has improved immeasurably.
Bramble in goal then?? Think about it... won't have to run much but can still dive about a bit  
tounge.gif

Plus.. judging by his shot against Yeovil our goal kicks might improve  
wink.gif

Back