• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players from the past you had an irrational hatred for, part 94

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Jamie Moralee.

Despised him, can't remember exactly why but I'm sure it will have been completely justifiable.

Now to be found spouting ***** on the radio claiming that Roy Hodgson had "disrespected" Rio Ferdinand by not picking him. I'd already shouted at the idiot to **** off before I'd even found out it was Jamie ****ing Moralee, but it figures. What an absolute ****. **** off and die you annoying ****.

Have a happy jubilee weekend everyone.

I think Rio is out of order slating Hodgson. Hodgson can pick who he chooses and because he has picked Lamps, Terry and Gerrard, doesn't mean he has to pick Rio

Rio is a mug

I think Rio is out of order slating Hodgson. Hodgson can pick who he chooses and because he has picked Lamps, Terry and Gerrard, doesn't mean he has to pick Rio

Rio is a mug

It comes to every football player that they have to accept their best days are over. Rio can't accept this fact, he's not played enough games or well enough consistently in recent times to warrant an England place being "kept" for him in the way, say, Rooney's is.

It's always galled me as well about the drug test thing, plus the other (numerous) indiscretions Ferdinand has committed. He's taken some moral high ground here to which, in my opinion, he has no right. He, Terry and Gerrard are none of them whiter than white, the others simply happen to have better fitness levels and are still playing consistently (well, more in Terry's case than Gerrard's!) well.

Rio is a mug

Rio is a mug mainly for picking Jamie Moralee as his agent.

It comes to every football player that they have to accept their best days are over. Rio can't accept this fact, he's not played enough games or well enough consistently in recent times to warrant an England place being "kept" for him in the way, say, Rooney's is.

It's always galled me as well about the drug test thing, plus the other (numerous) indiscretions Ferdinand has committed. He's taken some moral high ground here to which, in my opinion, he has no right. He, Terry and Gerrard are none of them whiter than white, the others simply happen to have better fitness levels and are still playing consistently (well, more in Terry's case than Gerrard's!) well.

You certainly could have phrased that better.

John Terry played 43 games this season, Rio Ferdinand 37

Oh sorry i forgot, Rio doesn't play for Chel$ki :winking:

With Ferdinand I suspect the issue is less the number of games he played, but the number of training sessions he missed.

Why don't people have a go at Capello for not playing Rio? I believe, he only played something like once in Fabio's last two years.

I used to always sign Brian Kilcline in Championship Manager purely so that I could fine him every week. The poor guy went years without getting a wage.

I can't remember what he'd done that made me want to do this.

I used to always sign Brian Kilcline in Championship Manager purely so that I could fine him every week. The poor guy went years without getting a wage.

I can't remember what he'd done that made me want to do this.

Unfortunately I can't give this post the rep it clearly deserves, but well played sir, well played.

He was bit of a legend on 6-0-6 back in the days when it was listenable, but I can't quite remember why. I think it had something to do with him being a Satanist and working as a plumber or painter decorator.

Thanks to the wonders of google I am reminded that he "dabbles in the dark arts" and "used to live in a house full of manikins dressed in period costume."

Unfortunately I can't give this post the rep it clearly deserves, but well played sir, well played.

He was bit of a legend on 6-0-6 back in the days when it was listenable, but I can't quite remember why. I think it had something to do with him being a Satanist and working as a plumber or painter decorator.

Yeah that's it, although I think it was the Baker & Kelly show. They had a letter or call in from someone claiming that Brian Kilcline was a Satanist. There were some other details but I can't quite remember them.

Someone must have uploaded all of those shows somewhere by now, surely? I may have a look around the old interweb this evening.

EDIT - "dabbles in the darks arts" of course.

I've got the podcasts somewhere already but they've got shows going back to 1998 on there. Amazing. Thanks.

Back