• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not quite this, but it always strikes me as strange that whenever I am listening to commentary on a match involving Real Madrid or Germany, the commentator will almost ALWAYS refer to Toni Kroos as Toni Kroos, and not just Kroos.

In a similar vein, our left back is always 'Benny Coker' to me. Never call him just 'Coker'

Not quite this, but it always strikes me as strange that whenever I am listening to commentary on a match involving Real Madrid or Germany, the commentator will almost ALWAYS refer to Toni Kroos as Toni Kroos, and not just Kroos.

I do the same with John White.

Che Wilson was always just known as Che.

I remember some fans shouting out, "Move yourself you useless Donkey".

However, I don't think that was Dickinson's first name.

Something with the Ferdinand name, I don't remember it being used for Kane and I hear most people refer to his cousin as Anton.

Anton Otula Otuwalow Otulowsk ...... arrrgh The Southend Number 7 ( quote from Sir Roger Buxton live on bbc essex ) :Worthy:

Probably Essex Radio I don't think BBC Essex was around when Otulakowski was playing for us.
That was the good old days of Essex Radio with Timbo, Lindsay King, John Leech etc. Anyone remember the late night phone in show when you could phone in with your 'personal problems' it was always good for a laugh as most of the calls were wind ups!

I guess the players in the changing room use Dave or even David rather than Goodwillie.

I cant believe any older ones on here haven't mentioned Ron or super Ron.

You'll have to guess who I'm talking about (but it shouldn't take you longer than 10 seconds!!)

Back